Goodbye for Now

Elsa

The party ends a bit early after the Duke of Charleston got into a fight with the Prince of Lattenia. I was more than happy to pass it off as an accident on their behalf when they apologized and to end the party after both of them needed to be sent back to their country.

I slip my way out and head to my chamber. There I lock the door and pack. Food, some clothing, blankets, books, lights, pocket knife, etc. I grabbed several pairs of gloves and sadly put them back in my bag.

I grab my necklace that has a snowflake engraved on it that has a picture or Mother and Father on one side then Kristoff, Anna, Olaf, and Sven. Olaf comes and we work out a situation on how to take him. I minimize his size, carve a small nose from a carrot for him, then freeze his original carrot nose and stick it in the bag. Everything is taken care of....all I need is a different change of clothes. I quickly take a shower, apply makeup, and work on my outfit.

I create a light blue shirt with shrilled short sleeves that fell off my shoulders and with a dark blue corset on top (Almost pirate theme), I make dark blue tight, soft skinny pants and of course light blue tight boots that reach a bit below the knee.

Something to hide in, something to hide in..... got it. I design a dark blue velvet cloak that covers my face and body. I put my hair in a French braid push my bangs back and run to the stables with my bag and Olaf.

He sits on my shoulder and stays quiet the whole time. I can tell he's scared by the way he fidgets on my bare skin when we hear howls in the distant.

We finally reach the stables and I see Anna and Kristoff by Sven. I slowly walk my way towards them. Anna runs and hugs me and Kristoff hugs us both.

"Elsa, you look great!" She sniffs. We make sure that no one is the there then we start discussing the plan.

"Okay, so we need to get you out of here so you cannot be forced into marriage. Your going to take a horse and whatever you packed and head up to the North Mountain.

They won't suspect your there because we plan on telling a completely different story. They are going to believe you had made your own ship and traveled across sea for an emergency to get to Terrilium which is who knows where.

After you get to your North Mountain head to Corona if you want and stay there for awhile. I have spoken to the king and queen, they said there is a tower available hidden in the forest. Come back when you feel it's safe." she says hugging me and crying. Kristoff comes up to me and hugs me too in a brotherly way.

"Elsa, take this. Olaf has said you have been getting nightmares, here, it's a book about myths, creatures, everything. I believe in it so take this dagger just in case and keep it inside your boot strapped to your leg. Easy access." he says giving me the valuable items. I look to Anna who has brought a horse out that looks vaguely familiar.

It's pure white with what looks like a crystallized main in some hairs.

"Remember we used to go horseback riding with Mother and Father. They kept him here since then. He was your horse." she says petting down his mane. I bring my gloved hand up slightly and slowly pet him.

"Snow Angel..." is all I manage to say when I recall his name. Anna just nods teary eyed and hugs me. "Please, stay safe. I don't want to lose you again." she says. "I will."

We strap everything onto the horse and create a small pocket for Olaf to hide in my cloak.

We take off into the winter night and I bring myself to look back. Anna is crying into Kristoff's arms. Why did they have to force me into marriage? I can't marry someone I don't love.

"Goodbye for now."

*~*~*~*

We finally reach the North Mountain, there I create a stable from Snow Angel and I fix the castle. I remove the cloak and restore Olaf to his original size. I collapse onto the bed only to have that pain return. It will never be okay will it? I can answer that for myself. No, it won't if I'm alone dealing with this.

I left Olaf in a room to occupy himself with Marshmallow my guard snowman, he should stay there as long as he plays with him. I lock my door and wait, for him. I switch my outfit so he doesn't question me and get off topic. It's the same from this morning's dress.

The ticks of the clock pound loudly as I wait, five minutes, three minutes, one minute, then none. My heart begins to ache causing me to scream in pain and fall asleep into another nightmare.

*~*~*

"Hello again my dear." he says as his shadow creeps along the walls. towards me. "What do you want!?" I say stepping back. His laugh echoes through the dark getting louder and more menacing.

"Isn't it obvious!? It's you I want, and your powers." I shoot sharp edged ice at him he manages to get away but he gets cut in the process.

"You bi-!" I cut him off by running. I run until my heart gives out. Then I just collapse clutching it.

"You shouldn't have done that. Oh look, it's 12 sharp, say goodnight my queen. By the way, the name is Pitch Black." I finally says his name before the darkness takes over.