seven: nightmares

hi! before you read this chapter i wanted to remind you that this story takes place after hoco and before infinity war :) thank you for 300 reads!

______________________

No, that can't be right.

"I'm just as good at reading people as you are, Peter," She continues, "and it's pretty obvious that you're hiding something big."

Peter let out a breath he didn't know he'd been holding. She didn't know.

"How can you even tell something like that?" He asks.

"Because I see how much it stresses you out. Your life is way too perfect for something small to be holding you back. Come on, just tell me. How bad could it be? Did you kill someone?" MJ whispers the last part in a joking manner.

"What?! No," He laughs. It wasn't a lie.

"I'm just messing with you. About the killing someone part. I'm totally going to figure you out, Peter Parker— And you can't stop me," She taunts him, rolling over to her other side to face away from him.

"Why would I want to? I have nothing to hide," Peter grins, biting his lip.

"Fine, whatever you say. Anyways, I'm really tired, so goodnight, Mysterio." MJ says sarcastically. She doesn't roll back over towards him, and Peter feels discouraged that she ended the conversation so quickly, but that was before his tiredness set back in.

Facing his back to hers, he finds it a lot harder to fall asleep again.

_________________

"Peter. Wake up."

Peter hears MJ's whisper long before he even felt himself waking up. Opening his eyes, Peter finds himself in a new place. Definitely not his bedroom.

He stands up. "Where am I? We didn't drink again, did we? MJ?" Peter glances around, but she's not there. He calls her name, but she doesn't respond. Why would she? She left. She's gone.

Everything around Peter seemed to have a soft red glow to it, except for the sky. Mars? No. It was almost like he could see the whole galaxy from his tiny spot on the ground. Huge planets swirled past him and the stars seemed so bright, so close, that he couldn't look up at them for too long. It was hot. Mars wasn't like this. Peter felt himself start to sweat only moments after waking up.

'I have to get away from here,' he thought, beginning his trek down the mountainous hill he was on top of. Giant structures came into view as he walked downwards, and Peter couldn't tell what they were at first. One looked like a crashed spaceship. Others were jagged, deadly-looking ruins of what looked like to once be ancient alien civilizations. He ignored them. The dust swirling around made his eyes hurt.

"MJ!" He called out again, shielding his face from the dust-wind. He doesn't stop walking.

He thought he saw her, for a second, at the bottom of the hill, near a spaceship that doesn't look too old— But it wasn't MJ.

He saw himself.

And with him there was a small group of people— Mr. Stark was there, but Peter didn't recognize anyone else. One person was gray, one had antennas, one had a cape, and one carried lots of guns.