~Chapter 13~

So many almost completely unimaginable thoughts flew through Donatello's beautifully brilliant mind. Was his family okay? Was their home under attack somehow? Shouldn't he have let Rebecca know sooner?

Panting with his hands on his knees (er.. kneepads), he took a moment to catch his breath just right outside of the entrance of his home.

When he looked up again, he was staring right into Leonardo's ocean blue eyes, and almost stumbled and fell backward in surprise.

He then noticed how Leo was presenting himself as, as he stared at his older brother; the leader-like scowled expression on his face, the way his arms were crossed over his plastron-plated chest, and the way that his feet were spread a bit apart from each other, so that they were in line with his shoulders.

Something must be definitely up

"So, Donnie," Leonardo began to inquire his younger purple-clad brother, in a tone that almost contradicted with his stern and serious leader-like demeanor, "where've you been off to, so late?"

Donnie felt himself mentally gulp. It was almost like Leo somehow knew that he didn't show up at work again. But what was he supposed to tell him, without pointing out the obvious that's suppose to threaten their entire family's safety?

Also speaking of their family, their two other brothers Raphael and Michelangelo, came up to them as well. But wait, where was Karai?

"Dee, you okay there bro?" Mikey asked his immediate older genius brother, genius brother, confusion clearly being expressed on his face as he tried to figure out of what was going on.

Donatello was almost at a loss for words to answer Michelangelo's question, while Leonardo had to restate his own question a bit more forcibly, "You still haven't answered my question Donnie; Where?! Were?! You?!"

Taking a deep breath to calm himself down some, Donnie answered the same sensible level of confidence, "Like that should be a problem right now. The real question is; Where's Karai?!"

Now he knew that he was deliberately avoiding the question directed at him, but he didn't care. Right now, he was more interested in knowing od why their half-sister wasn't with them.

Unless...

Regrettably so...

"Um, hello there genius?" Raph then interluded, his sarcasm clearly laced into his words. But then, it dropped and was quickly replaced with stating the obvious in a slightly aggressive tone, "Karai is gone, Donnie."

Donnie's eyes widened in shock at this news, fearing for the worse, "Gone?! What do you mean by gone?!"

"I mean gone gone, Donnie!" Raphael restated, getting up into his face as much as he was fully capable to, "She's vanished, disappeared, missing, kaput!"

Leo then had to take Raph by the shoulders and shove him a bit off to the side. He only did so because, he wasn't even clearly helping to answer Donnie's question, at all.

Turning back towards Donnie, he slowly wrapped his arm around his confused brother's shoulders, "Yeah Don, um, its probably best for you if you were sitting down to hear of what happened" he then briefly explained as he cautiously led him towards the kitchen, Raph and Mikey not too far behind them.

Then, even though he was sitting down at the kitchen table with his brothers, Donnie still found himself to be all jittery, jumpy and overall unable to sit still in his chair. It was like a cold, winter breeze had harshly blown throughout the lair, and he only moving this frantically to keep himself warm.