..................

TW: mention of abuse, mention of anger issues, mention of alcoholism and alcohol addictions

"So?" Gram crows on the other end. "How'd it all go?"

"It was just a movie." Pete shrugs.

"Yeah, but how'd it go?"

"Gram, I'm not sure I'm grasping at what you're getting at here."

"DID YOU FUCK HIM OR NOT!?" 

Pete's eyes widen. "Uh--Gram, no."

"You suck." She frowns.

"I-I asked him to the winter dance and he said yeah." Pete feels a smile creep onto his face.

"Omigod," She exhales. "You're so gay and I love it."

Pete scoffs. "What's that suppose to mean?"

"Sweetheart, it's a compliment. Calm down." She rolls her eyes. "You guys have anything else planned?  You'll fuck him at the dance right?"

"Gram, I'm not even legal to have sex yet." 

"Is that stopping you, pussy?"

"Gram..." Pete whines. He knows she's teasing him. She wouldn't force him to do anything he didn't want to do. 

She chuckles. "Just hurry it up, huh?" She jokes, "I want to pinch those cheeks!"

"If he ever meets you, I'm not letting you pinch his cheeks."

"You wouldn't deny your favorite grandmother a good cheek pinch would you?" She whimpers.

"Sadly, I would."

"But he has the cutest little cheeks to pinch!"

"Gram--"

"I love him already!"

"Gram, we aren't even dating."

"Yet!" She yells into her phone. "You aren't dating yet."

Pete sighs.

"You know I'm your #1 fan, right? In everything you do, sweetheart. I love you to the moon and back." He tone steadies.

"I love you too, Gram."

"Gram's got a nail appointment with Jenny. Catch you later, sweetheart."

"Have fun." Pete says before the other line goes dead with a small beep.

Pete sets down his phone and flops onto his bed. His back thanks him as it sinks comfortably into the bed. He closes his eyes, just for a moment, before his phone squawks that he's getting a call. He groans upon sitting up.

"Hello?" Pete grumbles in the phone.

"Pete?" Patrick's voice is quiet, shaky sounding.

Pete sits up. His defensive walls build, this time they seem to want to protect himself and Patrick. "What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"I-I--"

"Speak up."

"Pete, can I come over? I can't be over here right now."

Pete grips his phone. "Yes. Yes, of course. Do you need me to come get you? Patrick, if they touch you I'm calling the cops."

"N-no. They're mad, Pete. Really mad. A-at each other. They'll turn it on me."

"Get out of the house and stand away from it. I'm coming to get you, okay?"

"I can dr-drive."

"I don't care what you do, just leave before they hurt you." Pete pleads.