3.0

April 17, 2015

Donghyuck sat watching television and occasionally responding to his texts from Renjun.

Things between Donghyuck and his best friend had seemed to be strange.

Whenever they were around each other, there was a tension, it wasn't negative but it wasn't very comfortable.

Donghyuck had begun to feel nervous around the boy he called his best friend. He would feel his face flush when he looked at Renjun. He seemed to feel almost paralyzed around him.

It was like Renjun was holding his heart and playing with it like a toy.

Donghyuck knew.

He knew what it was, but, he didn't want to admit that he had fallen for his best friend.
Renjun never mentioned anything that might suggest he had an interest in boys, therefore, he didn't say anything to him.

The funny thing is, it was not awkward between them, simply, fuzzy, the two boys had an immense amount of friendly love for each other but something else was there, and they both knew.
.

Johnny hadn't been home since the day Na Jaemin walked him home.

He tried calling but no answer, he even tried calling Doyoung but Doyoung never picks up his phone unless it's Johnny.

Donghyuck was beginning to get pissed off.

Johnny expected him to believe that it was; "Johnny and Hyuck forever! I'll always be there for you!"

It was bullshit.

Donghyuck felt hurt, these days, Johnny would be home less and less, and when he was home, he was scolding his younger brother about the simplest things.

Donghyuck picked up his phone and stared at the contact, he had his brother's name saved as; "JohnJohn👨‍👦".

As his thumb timidly hovered over the 'call' button, Donghyuck heard the door unlocking.

He quickly scurried to a kitchen stool and began to scroll through Instagram, to divert his brother's attention from his nonchalant mood.

Johnny entered the kitchen and looked at his brother, tilting his head in concern.
"Hyuck have you been eating? The kitchen looks just how I left it," Johnny asked.

He didn't eat, not at home anyway. He ate with his friends, Donghyuck hated eating alone, he and Johnny used to eat together and talk for hours, but, that unfortunately was not the case anymore.

"Yeah I ate, just not at the house," Donghyuck answered, not looking up from his phone.

Suddenly, Johnny strode over and took the phone from Donghyuck's hands, "look at me when I am speaking to you. What have you been doing Donghyuck? Are you so irresponsible you can't even feed yourself?" Johnny asked, his voice growing louder. "Damn, I can't leave you alone anymore I guess, since you can't seem to act your age," Johnny rolled his eyes and leaned against the counter, looking at his brother.

Donghyuck looked at Johnny, anger evident on his face, "are you kidding me Johnny?" He asked, his voice low as he tried to keep himself contained.

"Please tell me you are KIDDING!" Donghyuck screamed.

"I waited five days for you Johnny! Five days! You're never gone that long and you have the nerve to call me irresponsible?!" The red haired boy shouted.

"Donghyuck, don't yell." Johnny said calmly. "How can you expect me not to be mad when I only leave for five days and I come back and you haven't been taking care of yourself?"

"Because you were gone for longer than usual! What happened to 'stick together? Aren't we supposed to be there for each other?" Donghyuck asked as tears began to slip down his face.

"All you do nowadays is run off with Doyoung leaving me alone. I didn't know where you were Johnny, what if you had been hurt and I didn't know?" Donghyuck began to sob, holding his head in his hands.

"You didn't answer my texts or calls or anything, where the hell were you?" Donghyuck asked, his voice weak and broken. "I needed you Johnny, but you don't care. So I hope you had a good time with your boyfriend, because you can stay with him forever, I'll be out of your way." Donghyuck sniffled, wiping his tears as he stood up from the table.

"Donghyuck, what are you talking about?" Johnny asked, looking at his brother, guilt eating him alive.

"I'm leaving," Donghyuck muttered before grabbing his wallet and phone from Johnny before rushing out the door, not looking back at his brother.

~

Renjun rubbed Donghyuck's back slowly, letting him cry his heart out.

An hour earlier, Renjun had opened the door to a sobbing Donghyuck who he immediately pulled into a hug.

Now, the younger was sobbing hysterically as he told his problems to Renjun. It took everything in his power to not cry for his best friend who was so hurt.

Renjun decided he hated seeing his best friend hurt. If he was hurt, Renjun was hurt.

~~

Renjun stayed true to that decision five years later as he held his boyfriend that was laying lifeless on the cold ground, no signs of life and blood covering the both of them.

________________________________

Omg I hope you all liked ittttt
Y'all got that first glimpse to the future at the end hehe. Sorry this one is a bit shorter, it's kind of a filler chapter, the next chapter will be set in the future so get ready!!!!!!!!
💚💚💚💚