8.0

hello again. thanks for sticking with this i hope you like this chapter, i was motivated to update because i checked my email and saw people actually commented so here we are :)

may 22, 2020

donghyuck was bored. he had been bored ever since he came home from the hospital, his life seemed dull these days. johnny wouldn't let him go anywhere and the only people that came to visit were doyoung(who had been coming a lot less), and renjun, the boy he couldn't remember. mark visited too and that always made donghyuck happy.

donghyuck wanted to remember renjun. he seemed important but his injured brain just couldn't place where he fit into his life before the accident.

he remembered being in love, that's a feeling you can't forget, but renjun didn't make him feel that way.

donghyuck had been spending a lot of time with mark lately. they had met at the hospital, mark was an intern there and was helping him get better. they had been hanging out a lot and donghyuck enjoyed spending time with him. maybe that's who he was in love with. mark was nice to him and seemed to really care about him, plus mark was cute.

.

donghyuck was laying on the floor of his bedroom staring at the clock, the day had gotten away from him, it was already 9:15 when the doorbell rang.
he didn't bother getting up to get it, he heard johnny answer the door and assumed it was doyoung.

when he heard a knock on his bedroom door.
he sighed as he got up and opened the door, there stood mark lee.

"hey," donghyuck said.

"hey!" mark exclaimed cheerfully as he entered donghyuck's room. "let's sneak out," mark whispered and looked at donghyuck with a mischievous smile.

"what? no i'm not allowed to leave," donghyuck said.

"exactly you can't leave and i say we sneak out and go get some ice cream," mark explained.

donghyuck did not want to sneak out, johnny was being very strict these days and would freak out if he found out that he had snuck out.

"please donghyuck?" mark whined.

donghyuck did not want to disobey his brother even though he really wanted to get out of the house, johnny was scary when he was mad but mark really wanted to and he didn't want to make mark sad.
"fine" donghyuck agreed hesitantly.

mark smiled and sat on donghyuck's bed.
"so what time should we go?" mark asked.

"um, anytime i guess, johnny usually checks on me around ten o'clock though," donghyuck answered. "can i invite chenle?" donghyuck asked.

"sure, but won't he bring renjun along? i know renjun makes you uncomfortable," mark said

"renjun doesn't make me uncomfortable he just acts weird around me, he always looks like he wants to cry," donghyuck assured mark.

"okay then sure" mark said.

.

one hour later, donghyuck was saying goodnight to johnny and waiting for him to go to bed so he and mark could leave.

when johnny finally went to sleep, mark crawled out of the bedroom window and helped donghyuck out and the two went to marks car.

donghyuck was nervous, all they were doing was getting ice cream with chenle but he was still scared, it was late at night and donghyuck hadn't gone anywhere since before his accident.