6.0

March 23, 2016

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!" Chenle screeched, Donghyuck trailing behind him with a stack of pancakes.

Renjun sat up sleepily, smiling at his little brother fondly. "Thanks" he mumbled groggily.

Donghyuck sat on the bed, smiling at Renjun as he blew out the candle and dug into his meal.

When Renjun finished his pancakes and gave his brother a thank you hug, he turned to Donghyuck.

"When did you get here?" Renjun asked.

"4 AM, you know Chenle can't cook for shit" Donghyuck replied.

Renjun chuckled and felt his heart swell. He really picked the right person to fall for. He didn't know anyone else who had a best friend who would come to their house at four in the morning to make some pancakes.

"I'm really sorry your parents are still on business, at least you've got me and dolphin boy," Donghyuck said quietly, crawling under the covers with his best friend.

"Yeah I know you'll never leave me behind, right Duckie?" Renjun inquired.

"Of course little Junnie" Donghyuck answered.

.

In Donghyuck's third period, he couldn't focus. He was thinking about Renjun like always.

His hair, his smile, everything made Donghyuck want to throw up from being so in love.

He'd been struggling with his crush for almost a year.

When Renjun (officially) came out of the closet, Donghyuck supported him with all his love, but Donghyuck's nerves prevented him from making a move.

But in class that day as his teacher babbled on about how to write a proper thesis, he decided then and there, he was going to tell Renjun.

"I'm gonna tell him tonight" Donghyuck said to himself.

"what are you talking about?" Lee Jeno asked from next to Donghyuck.

Donghyuck flushed from embarrassment, "sorry just, talking to myself" Donghyuck muttered, quickly going back to staring at his blank note page.

.

That night, after eating at the mall food court in celebration of Renjun's sixteeenth birthday, Chenle ran off with Jisung, and Doyoung and Johnny wandered to who knows where, Donghyuck took Renjun's hand and led him off to the back of the mall.

"Duckie, why did you decide to bring me to a mall for my birthday?" Renjun asked, still holding Donghyuck's hand.

"I mean, there's a variety of food choices and everyone can go where they want and I felt like it would be fun," Donghyuck answered. "Do you want to go somewhere else? I know this isn't your ideal sweet sixteen" Donghyuck replied.

"No no, I love this, I was just curious," Renjun assured him, giving Donghyuck's hand a firm squeeze.

"Okay then here goes nothing," Donghyuck said, reaching in his pocket his face redder than a tomato.

Renjun gave Donghyuck a confused look, "uh, Donghyuck you alright?" He asked.

Donghyuck held out a silver band with 'HRJ" engraved in tiny letters, towards Renjun.

"Listen Junnie, this is so cheesy and cringey, but, you know I'm spontaneous and like, I just love you so much and I've wanted to tell you for so long. I mean like, a long time, and it's your birthday and I'm worried this could ruin it but I got you this ring as a promise ring, I have one too, got them a couple weeks ago," Donghyuck chuckled and showed Renjun the small silver ring. "And this is so embarrassing but fuck it." Donghyuck took in a deep breath, sliding the ring onto Renjun's slim finger. "I love you Huang Renjun so will you be my boyfriend and accept my custom made ring?