Chapter I "The girl in a silk gown"

1457, Japan. A beautiful night sky painted above a girl who's eyes shined almost as bright as the stars above. With a half hearted sigh, she places down her wooden fan and paper, lowering her gaze almost in defeat. You see, her name was (Y/N), an astronomer's daughter who loved the night sky and she was currently trying to study the winter sky at night to find out the possible locations of planets. Fortunately for her, her father doted on her, and so did her mother, often buying her books, papers, dresses, and anything her heart desired, as astronomers (especially those who served the emperor like her father ) made quite a deal of money. The young girl often neglected to ask for things though, as she believed giving was better than getting. Pure of mind and pure of heart she was.
   Placing a hand under her chin, she rests her head and sighs. "I wonder if Toshiro will walk me to the shrine tomorrow morning" she mumbles as a slight grin comes on her face. Toshiro was her slightly older male cousin and fiancé as marrying second or third cousins were common practice. Usually every couple of days or so, the young "couple" would walk down to the local shrine to offer some food, coins, and silk to hopefully appease the gods and grant a bountiful harvest. She gets up with an eager grin and walks to her bed side.
    "What a beautiful gown!" She says in surprise as she reads a note Toshiro wrote to her. 'I had my mother spin you a night slip since you love silk' it read. Smiling, she slips on the gown and slips into the warm sheets of her bed.
///"Red looks good on you"\\\
    The orange sunlight pours into the window of 18 year old (Y/N) (L/N). "Ugh" she grumbles as she hesitantly gets out of bed and rubs her eyes. A knock comes at the door followed by a "(Y/N) time to go" she mumbled a few curses followed by "Hold on!"
She brushed through her hair and slipped on a beautiful red kimono made from silk, her favorite fabric. Smiling, she grabs her handbag and slips some coins in.
     A hug is given to her as she steps out "Mornin toshi!" She says with a smirk. Blushing, Toshiro grabs her and links arms with her, guiding her through her large family estate all the way to the kitchen where they find a basket of food for offerings and for lunch. Picking up the basket, they make their way through the door and start heading to the shrine.
Little did they know this would change their entire world.
///"Stop playing hard to get, I know you love me dear!"\\\
Edo shrine, beautiful, big, and expensive. Every inch was adorned with oriental and fox designs, wall to wall filled with gold and other precious objects. Smiling, she walks up to a spot for prayer. Toshiro sets down the basket and quickly leaves, saying he had business to tend to. Turning towards the alter, she collapses over as tears stream down her face. "OH KAMI-SAMA! Please help me, why must Toshiro lie? Why must my betrothed leave for other women, harlots and common whores on the street why I wither away alone and cold without him? Why must I not have their beauty?" She belts out, sobbing and pounding her fists.
"Why my dear, red looks good on you, no need to cry and ruin the dress"