Chapter 1

I push the school doors open for my cheerleading squad that consisted of my friends. We all had grins plastered over our faces as we walked down the school hall as if we owned it, which we do of course. Every student here in Burmount high respected and feared us, well because of the power we held , if you are going to ask which power, I don’t know, all I know is that we possessed power.

“I am getting a feeling that this year is going to be awesome and lit.” Char flicked her hair and looked at the heavens as if she can foresee the future.

My friends and I were the typical cheerleaders, or the Barbie Doll squad of our school, as I have heard.

We were pictured as the mean girls when we weren't even close to that. We got a lot of judgment around here and everyone saw us as those typical cheerleaders that are always mean in one of those ridiculous high school movies.

Trust me, we were utterly nice people.

I swear.

We were tight and close to each other, I swear that our bond was very hard to break. We went as deep as to having a handshake and making codes for emergencies.

And I'm not gloating or anything but, anybody would want to have a friendship similar to ours or even be part of the squad.

“And why is that?” Larissa raised her perfectly constructed brow, courtesy of Megan Knight, me of course. I was always held responsible for the makeup in our squad as I knew how to match the perfect colours and I had a steady hand. I dont understand people who don't classify make up as art.

“Well, because Haze over there just stole a glance at Larissa.” She clapped her hands together and looked at Larisaa who’s face was on fire.

Larissa always had a liking towards Haze mainly because of his masculinity, his body screamed for attention and his smell made you feel his presence.

He smelt really divine, trust me.

His golden hair made you want to touch it, I have always wondered how soft it felt...Anyways, she always thought that they would make a perfect couple , I mean the cheerleading captain and the football captain, the perfect kind of cliché.

Well, ex- football captain.

He had quit football and turned into an antisocial ignorant bum.

Larissa also loved the thought of the attention they would get from the other students but Haze never seemed to show any interest in her or any other girl in this school and town for that matter.

There was even a rumor that he was gay...

Well, if it was more than a rumor, the girl's community have suffered a great loss on a complete, HUNK.

“Shut up would you… I really don’t want to get my hopes up."

“Uh, sorry. But I know that you will be taking me out to the most expensive clothing store at the mall if you guys actually fall in love.”

Which was impossible...

But I didn’t voice my thoughts because I  wouldn’t want my hair yanked off my skull, I loved my hair, thank you very much and would love to keep it in place…

We all giggled still striding in the hallway into the restrooms. The restrooms  was a special place for all girls in our school and I know you are probably questioning this statement. What I mean is that the restroom was a place for gossip, crying, quick meetings and touching up makeup, oh and a place you go to if you want to skip fifth , this is the most boring period in my timetable.