Chapter 53

I opened my eyes to blinding light. I was comfortably covered with blankets and embraced with warm arms. It was certainly a good morning, but I'm sure that will end once we have breakfast together downstairs.

I tried making Haze realise that he should love his father no matter what but when I saw that evolving into an arguement, I stopped. Haze not talking about his father was what he wanted and I did not want to be the one to constantly bug him with his father.

I unwrapped his arms off me and headed into the bathroom to take a long bath. I soaked in the foamy water and hummed to a tune in my head. This takes the edge off last night.

So, I guess that Haze's dad doesn't like me because I am my mother's daughter, which was unreasonable because like his wife said, it was just business, even though my mon betrayed their trust. Thinking about having to report back to my mother about last night's events is really unsettling.

I closed my eyes to think about something else, anything else other than yesterday. Why does my life have to be so hectic and complicated? I deserve a simple life, you know. I can't seem to be care free like i was before.

I opened my eyes to see someone seated on the toilet seat, his eyes barely open, he was still asleep in his mind. and I shrieked and then he shriek, his eyes opening. Was he about to do a number two while I'm in the bathtub?

"What the hell, close your eyes?" This idiot did not bother to knock.

" close your eyes too." He screamed.

This is horrifying, I don't think I'll ever have a sleepover here ever again, if Haze is going to waltz his sleepy head in the bathroom while I'm soaking to take a shit.

I shut my eyes and sunk into the bathtub to make sure that the foamy water to make sure that no part of my skin was exposed and my head still out. After hearing the toilet flush and the door close, I opened my eye. I could have been naked, well I was...He could have seen me naked! I know that it's a weird statement because we are boyfriend and girlfriend but we weren't doing it, so I don't that he should see anything other the my arms, face and legs.

I got out of the tub and threw a towel on and entered his room. I looked at him sitting on his bed and he looked back at me and we both laughed.

"I didn't see you in there."

"Yes, your eyes weren't even open."

We laughed together and when he dissapeared into the bathroom to do some soaking of his own, I went through his drawer to look for a sweater. A girlfriend can never have too many stolen sweaters from her boyfriend and that is a fact. I dug into his drawer and my hand bumped into a container. It was a bottle of pills, I stared at it for a while, wanting to read the other side of the label which tells you what it is and what it does, but that was none of my business and I should let it remain that way. I just pray that he is taking them as prescribed, if they are legal... I trust Haze anyways.

I pulled out a plack sweater and paired it with leggings from the drawer that was reserved for me. Now that I think of it, I hope that Haze does not snoop in this drawer because my underwear is in there. I mean, I can't just put clothes in there, there has to be some underwear. The thought of him holding my underwear makes me cringe.

Haze appeared after a short while and suggested that we spend the day at the mall. I was happy because my allowance was back up after months so, I was ready to make it rain at the mall. Plus u think it's a great idea to blow off some steam and take off the edge from last night.

And we will have breakfast at some cafe or restaurant there. I most definitely would not like a second round of how my mom made a multimillionaire family company lose some of its millions. My mom was a mean lawyer and she hardly lost her cases, I kind of want to be like her; fearless and intimidating...in the courtroom of course. I has dreamed to be a lawyer but I seriously wasn't that interested, I am more into the medical field, but I really need to get distinctions basically on math and chemistry in order to even qualify to got to the University of Mervicia, where Haze's mom was from...it pretty far away but the place was well know for it's good quality of tertiary education and I wanted to take a shot at it, I have one more year in high school to definitely pull up my socks.

Soon enough we were on our way to the mall and arrived quickly. My stomach was grumbling and empty now. I needed a breakfast burger, so we entered a cafe on the first entrance of the mall, near the food court.

I ordered my burger with a side of chilli cheese fries and a refreshing glass of chocolate milkshake. And what Haze orderedconfused me.

Caesar salad and a glass of vitamin water.

What is with the healthy stuff?

Is it "World's Eat healthy day" or what?

" Tryna lose weight?" I teased. I kind of felt stereotypical thinking about how the girl should be the one eating the salad.

"Does this denim make my butt look flat?" He faked his worry.

" Yes, considering you are carrying all that booty on my part while I'm flat, you are such a good boyfriend. " I rolled my eyes and giggled.

Okay, THIS...was ultimately WEIRD.

I mean going out for breakfast with him wasn't but, the fact that he was so loose and actually making laughing the way he did was.

The way his eyes slightly shut when he laughs.

The way his pearly whites glimmer.

The way his laugh is so deep yet soothing.

It was just...

AMAZING.

"You have enough booty for me babe." I laughed but tried to hide the shock and uncertainty in it.

A sinkhole formed in my stomach from the double meaning his words had. Maybe it was innocent and I had just mistaken it for a sexual innuendo, you know. Maybe I'm overthinking this too much. I should just brush it off and stick to one side of its meaning.

" You are are an idiot. But seriously what's with the salad?"

"I want to keep healthy for...uhm" For a moment he stopped to think about it." for the sake of being healthy." I was not dumb and he really thought that I was a bum if for a moment he thought I'd believe that, but I'll let it slide.

" If you say so."

" Don't worry about me honeybuns."

"Honey buns? "

What was that. I slightly chocked on my milkshake, everyone around us turned their heads towards us as I tried to muffle a laugh.

"When did I become this ' honeybunny'? I said in between laughs. I was getting looks of annoyance from the people sitting next to us, they can go and trip over a wire.

I am having a great time.

With my boyfriend...

"This minute and if you don't like it, we can always go for Shnookumps or Buttercup."

" Meh...neither of them will do, they are too...common" I said flatly.

" Honeybuns it it...and its sticking, forever.,"