Prison Visit Part 1

The prison guard came in with an announcement, "Someone's here to see you."

"Send him in," she answered even though she had no say in the matter. The guard walked away from the visitor section of her cell only to be replaced by another guard, a young man in tow. "Now go away I want privacy."

The guard gave her the evil eye but walked away with the words, "We will be watching."

She didn't even dignify that with a response, only caring that they wouldn't be able to hear.

After a few moments of charged silence he spoke, "I didn't-"

"I don't forgive you," she cut him off.

He hung his head, "I know i just needed to ask you one question."

"Tell me why I should." Her face was as impassive as ever.

"I know I don't deserve it but-"

She cut him off again, "Tell me why I should."

"Please. For what we once had," his voice was a whisper.

She laughed, a bitter, hollow sound. "For what we once had. Once when you promised that you would always have my back but instead went behind it and stabbed it?" her voice rose steadily to a shout," Or once when I literally tried to do the same to you?"

It was only when she started punching the glass repeatedly that the guards showed up. As they were dragging her away she she managed to turn around and hair all knotted, knuckles all bloody, she said one word, "No."

He turned towards her form his position halfway out the door, surprised.

"The answer to your unasked question. No. Not ever again."