Prompt: If you had 5 min to run for your life what would you take?

My fingers flitted frantically over the contents of the rusted metal shelving that spanned an entire back wall of the concrete cell-like room that was identical to the one that I had called my home for the past few months. Nothing. Next I tried the drawers that would stick when pulled too hard like I was currently doing. I turned over the contents but I still didn't find what I was looking for and my five minutes to flee were running out.Where on earth could it be? The faint beeping of the alarm was getting quicker and so was my heart beat.

I stood in the center of the room, right underneath the naked bulb that flickered and did little to illuminate the cramped, damp space. I spun in place slowly and scanned the room, wracking my brain, trying to think where she could of hidden it. I had already shaken out the small heap of bedding in one corner. Twice. The small work-space in the other corner held only a few moldering papers that held no importance to me and the safe was empty.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Went the alarm.

Thump. Thump. Thump. Went my heart.

Only three minutes left to find what I needed and get out of here. My go-bag was already prepared and waiting, filled with all the necessities: preserved food, cloths, bottled water, money, batteries etc. All I needed now was the file. Where did she hide it?

Next I ran my hand along the walls, sweeping them up and down, accomplished nothing more than slimy hands which I shakily wiped off im my shirt.

Two minutes left.

The only place left to look now was behind the shelves. With a lot of huffing and puffing and a huge crash the shelves toppled to the floor. Nothing. I screamed in frustration and punched the wall. A crack spread around my fist. That was new. The shards of 'concrete' fell away to reveal exactly what I was looking for. Safety.