Chapter 25

Bella's POV

I wake up to Christina nudging me. I groan as my eyes open and the light floods in.

"It's too early," I mumble and roll over, burying my face in a pillow.

"It's 9 am and we have to pack then go to the airport in 2 hours. Get up lazybones!" Lisa says. Ugh it is too early especially considering I didn't go to bed until close to 6 this morning after I watched my last Seattle sunrise. They don't know that though.

I then feel hands around my ankles and next thing I know I'm being dragged out of bed. I land on the floor with a loud plop.

"Oww!" I laugh. What a way to be gotten up!

"Lisa!!" Christina says laughing.

"Oops," Lisa says pretending to be sorry.

We get dressed and then I throw all my stuff into my suitcase. We leave the room and the hotel and search for a place to eat breakfast, finally settling on a pancake house.

I get 2 pancakes with whipped cream and chocolate sauce on top. It's sooo good!

At 11 we head to the airport and go through security. We grab Starbucks while we wait to board. Our flight is called and we get on the plane, I get the window seat again. Flying up into the air, I emotionally say goodbye to Seattle in my head.

"Any idea who's picking us up?" I ask.

"Not a clue," Christina says shrugging.

Our plane lands safely and we make our way to the luggage carousel. After finally finding all of ours, Lisa's being the largest of course, we walk towards the exit. I then see Katherine and Lauren waiting there. Both of them light up when they see us. I grin.

Lauren runs straight to me and we hug each other tight.

"I'm so happy to see you, I've missed you!" she says.

"I've missed you too Laur!"

Meanwhile Christina, Katherine and Lisa are hugging. Lauren and I join them and we have a huge group hug. We then pull away and see some people watching us smiling. I smile back at some of them.

Katherine drives us all home and we walk into the house. Not more than a few seconds later everyone comes rushing in hugging the three of us that were gone. The commotion finally dies down and I drag my suitcase upstairs. What I see surprises me though.

There's no more single bed in Christina, Katherine and Amy's room. Instead, there's 2 bunk beds. Amy still has the top bunk but Christina's stuff has been moved to the bottom bunk. On the new bunk bed, Katherine'a stuff is on the bottom and there are now blankets on the top bunk.

I turn around to see all the girls smiling at me.

"Wait, is that my bunk?" I ask pointing to it.

"Yup! We decided since you got used to sleeping next to me or Christina that you can keep sharing a room with us. Hope you don't mind top bunk," Katherine says.

"Not at all," I say happily and run up to my new bed. I get up on it and lay down. I'm officially accepted into this family. This is my home now.

20 minutes later we're called down for dinner. Lasagna and salad, it looks and tastes delicious.

"Thank you all for the new bed," I say smiling.

"You're very welcome," Lynne says.

No one says anything but I see the sad, pitying looks from most of them. I hate this and I decide to say so.

"Guys, look. My best friend might have died yesterday but I can't do anything about that. I've lived most of my life being alone and sad, I don't want to do that anymore. It's time for me to be strong and move on. I now have a supportive, loving family and that's more than I could ever ask for. Despite some tough stuff that has happened, I'm ready to face the world and find happiness within myself for once."

I'm met with encouraging smiles from everyone.

"Bella, can you take us to the park after dinner?" Joey asks me.

"Definitely!" I say grinning. This is better. I end up going with Christian, Nick, Joey, as well as Dani.

We decide on playing grounders and like I care that I'm 16 and playing an elementary school game. Dani and I are having just as much fun as the boys. It's about to get dark when we decide to head home. Joey looks absolutely exhausted.

"That was a lot of fun but I'm so tired," he says.

"Want a piggyback?" I ask. He nods and smiles happily. Jumping on, he tells me to run. I do so and he screams. Dani, Christian, and Nick run behind me.

I run into the house and Christina looks around the corner.

"What's all the noise for?" she asks.

"Bella gave me a piggyback and ran all the way home," he grins. Christina gives me a smile.

"Sounds like fun kiddo, time for bed boys." They complain but head upstairs anyways. Dani and I collapse on the couch.

"Well that was fun," I say.

"It really was!" Dani exclaims.

Lauren comes into the room and jumps on top of us.

"Ow you fatso!" Dani yells at Lauren.

"Not sorry!" She exclams and sticks out her tongue. I start laughing and they join in.

"I sure did miss you guys while I was in Seattle," I say.

"We missed you too!!" they tell me and I get a nice hug.

"I'm gonna go shower then go to bed," Dani says. We nod and she goes upstairs.

"I have something to tell you," I say.

"What?" she asks.

"Well while I was in Seattle, I hung out with my best guy friend Jake. Him and I have loved each other since we first met and last night he kissed me twice!"

She squeals in excitement and I shush her.

"How was it? Did you like it? Wait you love him? What does he look like?" she asks.

"Woah, slow down!" I say laughing, "It was amazing, and yes I do love him and we told each other so. I'll find a pic." I pull up a picture of him on my phone and I can tell she approves. She grins at me and I grin back.

"I'm so happy for you," she says and I thank her.

"Dani should be out of the shower by now so I'm gonna go shower. Night Bella," Lauren says.

"Night Laur."

She walks upstairs and I sit on the couch, turning on the TV. I find a repeat of ER on and I instantly flip to that channel. I'm so addicted to this show.

It finishes an hour later and I walk upstairs. The house is silent and I realize everyone's asleep. Well, until I walk into my room and see Katherine awake, writing. I smile at her and she smiles back while I grab pajamas and put them on in the bathroom.

"Where were you?" she asks quietly so she doesn't wake up Amy or Christina.

"Watching ER downstairs," I say.

"Ah."

I climb up to my very own bunk and curl up under the blankets. I should be tired but I'm not. Realizing I can't sleep, I peek underneath and once I see Katherine's asleep, I climb down the ladder. I slip out the door and out to the trampoline. I don't plan on sleeping here though, just thinking.

I have a flashback to where I'm standing in Meg's room again, watching the doctors try to resuscitate her. I don't realize it but I'm crying. I can't stop crying.