Chapter 6

Raqibah's eyes twinkled in amusement. I stared at her fat cheeks; big lumps of pimples surrounding them. Raqibah is a really pretty woman...if only she can take good care of her skin...and dress nicely.

"Why not? You haven't read? You've been thinking about Najib?" she looked at me with arched eyebrows.

"Ah...well..." I stuttered.

"I'm right! Give me the full gist jare. Has he asked you out?" Raqibah placed her hands under her chin and stared at me.

I've been close to Raqibah for years and I never knew that she could very interested in a story like this. You know, she should be reading by now.

"I don't know." I frowned, fiddling the tip of the page that I was falsely reading.

"Don't know what? Talk to the love doctor. You know that I've been reading relationship books for some time now." She smiled proudly, revealing the upper part of her teeth that had one tooth almost sprouting out.

Oh, really? When did Raqibah start to read 'un-academic' books? It looks like I know only 5% of my friend. Wait! Maybe 2%

"Oh come on Fareedah, don't tell me you read 24/7. Don't drift from our main discussion jare. So tell me, what happened when I got down from his car?"

I cleared my throat, thinking of all that happened. No way! There's no way I'd tell Raqibah what Najib had said...that she lacks the proper dress sense and she doesn't care about her looks. I decided that I would start from when he parked in front of the building.

"He asked for my number...said that he would tell me what he saved my contact as later in the day. He sent a WhatsApp message calling me 'Chocolate'..."

I noticed Raqibah chuckling in amusement. "He said that I'm..." I cleared my throat again...Raqibah interrupted. "Beautiful? Have skin the colour of chocolates?"

I gave a puzzled look. "Yes? How do you know that?"

Raqibah clasped her hands proudly. "I told you I've been reading about relationships. Continue."She urged me.

"He said that we should meet tomorrow afternoon..."

"A date?" Raqibah widened her eyes.

I scratched my head. "Not really. A bit date-ish. His sister is back and he wants to pay her a visit...so he wants to see me too."

Raqibah closed her book and turned towards me, such that she was facing my direction. It's the way she does when she had something really serious to say.

"I'm sorry to burst your brain Fareedah, but you've been sister-zoned. Najib probably needs someone to look over his naughty sister...someone who attends the same school as her. You'll be her perfect school mother. You're brainy and nice and religious. Can't you see it all?"