Chapter 12

Najib was standing by the doorway with a bouquet of flowers, looking fixedly on my face. Most of my course mates had riveted stares on him. They would be wondering whom he was looking for, but it wouldn't take long for them to realize that I was the one because he was staring deeply at me.

"What he is doing here?" Raqibah whispered to my ear. "You have to leave the class so that you won't cause a scene."

Raqibah was right for the first time. I politely took an excuse from Dr. Chinonso and left the class to meet Najib.

"Gosh! I'm really sorry Fareedah."

"Let's leave here first." I shot him a warning look and we both quietly walked downstairs.

As we got downstairs, Najib immediately knelt down with his head lowered. "I deserve to be ignored because of what I did, but I'm sorry. Your actions have left me in a beleaguered situation. I promise that it will never happen again." He pleaded.

Swarms of eyes were fixed on us and my face was gobsmacked and hot with embarrassment and anxiety. "Just stand up, people are staring at us."

"Not until you forgive me," he continued.

"Okay...I forgive you. Please stand up now."

"Yes!" Najib said delightfully as he rose to his feet and presented the flowers. "These are for you."

My face was a rictus of sheer delight. All feelings of anger that resided in my heart melted away as I smelt the lovely flower. I actually found what Najib did to be sweet and lovely.

"Let's go to our usual spot in Tantalizers. I've really missed you." His eyes grew wistful and my heart skipped a little.

Najib had the key to my heart. He had the power to make me say 'yes' when I actually wanted to say 'no.'"But we're having lectures," I prattled.

"So? I'm sure your lecturer would want one of his Medicine students to act romantic for once." 

He was saying as he walked towards the direction of Tantalizer building. I trailed behind him, noting the way people stared at us.

Najib and I took our usual position and he ordered ice cream. "Open your mouth," he urged me.I was scrolling through my phone and it seemed that my brain had just re-played what he said.

 He was holding a spoonful of vanilla ice cream and his hand was moving towards my mouth. His gesture came to me like a bolt from the blues.

I obliged, blushing stupidly. Najib fed me repeatedly and I responded with a smile. People were still staring at us and I decided to not bother. After all! We were in love.

"I love you," Najib grinned at me.