Ten

Indigo wasn't at all amused when Jerome made a u-turn at the light and pulled up in front of First Avenue.

"What are we doing here Morris? I thought we were going to dinner."

"I never said that."

He knew Kid was performing tonight. "I don't want to hurt anybody. Why can't we go somewhere else?"

"Indigo. This is business, nothing personal. You're performing in a few days and you need some exposure..besides you don't want to let Susan and Brenda down." He pointed over to them inside and they waved telling her to come in. She smiled at them then looked over at Morris. "Has anyone told you you're a real asshole sometimes?"

Jerome came around and opened the door for them and helped her out the car. "Maybe once or twice."

She left them and caught up with the girls inside. "Hey babe! You're lookin' hot!" Brenda said giving her a hug.

"Right! I wish I had an ass like that."

"You have a perfect ass Susan and Brenda has bigger tits than both of us."

"Hey!"

They laughed and made their way into the semi crowded club. She saw Kid on stage playing playing with his shirt off and lace over his eyes.

"Oouu, look at your man." Susan was arm in arm with her and nudged her. The lights went out and they stood by the backlight.

"There you are. I hope you ladies weren't trying to run away from me." Morris walked up with his cane and pointed over to Billy at a table. "We're right over there."

"Can we sit without you and your wingman?" Brenda asked, looking at Jerome. "Don't act like that sweetie. Look, I'll even help you over." He took Brenda's hand and lead her over to the tables, Morris and the other two girls following close behind. Indigo found that Jerome wasn't as bad as Morris and could be really nice when he wanted to be.

He helped her and Susan up the steps too and Billy stood up to greet them. "You ladies are looking very beautiful tonight."

They all took a seat as Kid watched from the stage, pulling the lace from his eyes. He grabbed the mic and screeched into it, just to annoy them as the lights went out.

"It's a little empty in here tonight Billy, but I guess money isn't everything." Morris stated sarcastically. Indigo rolled her eyes and looked over to the stage.

"Play Nikki and roll with it." Kid told the band and signaled to the stage technician to put on the red lights. The beat started and he slowly walked up the mic, letting the instrumental play.

I knew a girl named Nikki I guess you could say she was a sex fiend
I met her in a hotel lobby masturbating with a magazine

Indigo furrowed her eyebrows at the lyrics and noticed how the red light had the same effect as the one from Kid's room.

She said how'd you like to waste some time and I could not resist when I saw little Nikki grind

Kid popped to the music and Morris looked over at Billy who was shaking his head. He went back up to the mic and looked over at their table, getting Indigo's attention. He was staring directly at her as he sung the next words.

She took me to her castle and I just couldn't believe my eyes
She had so many devices everything that money could buy
She said "sign your name on the dotted line." The lights went out and Nikki started to grind

Indigo frowned, her heart beating harder. Why.. Kid slid back and pulled the mic stand down, flipping his leg over it. "Nikki!"

Indigo peeked over at everyone to see if they had caught on like she did. Jerome took his cigar from his mouth and looked at her. She quickly looked away, back to the stage. Her hands were starting to tremble and she could feel her eyes starting to water.