CHAPTER 3; Mama knows best?

Ina, Damien's mama found herself involuntarily moaning as she watched her son go back to his room without feeding again. Ina was worried that he was becoming weaker by the day; he continued to keep vigil day and night without proper maintenance for himself. A daily healthy feeding was necessary for a young Wendigo. Skipping meals can lead to weakness and eventually blood lust

Every night he bleeds for Dahlia yet he still doesn't feed properly to restore his own strength. Ina wasn't sure how much longer he could keep this up. With that in mind she decided to bring home a human donor tonight to help encourage him to feed more regularly.

Years ago, her human consort begged Ina to not to keep human donors inside of the house. So at his request even though it is more difficult, Ina and the kids learned to feed on the run. They used to call it fast food. Perhaps this method is not as healthy for her son in his current situation. Ina thought Damien needed to know that food was readily available and nearby. If necessary, she might just have to take charge and force him to feed.

Ina sighed again and looked across the room at the two Rougarou Damian invited to live in her house. The two of them reminded her of mice, not wolves. Rougarou are one of only a few neutral supernatural beings in the war. They are a type of wolf shapeshifter. They start out as human but are turned into Rougarou by a virus. They are fast to run out of the room in which Ina entered. She cleared her throat and turned her full attention to the two of them

"So," Ina said her voice clearly had a slight annoyance.

"How do you find lodging in my home? You know this is my home?" She asked, emphasizing the word 'my'.

It was difficult for Ina to open her home and allow the Kitsune and the Rougarou in. Technically Wendigo and Rougarou do not have very good relations with each other. They were neutral but Ina personally avoided them most of her life. She felt it was very unpleasant having them living under her roof, especially since in her opinion they do not give her the right amount of respect. Ina watched the female Rougarou visibly pale while her partner found his spine and managed to look Ina straight in the eye.

"Thanks for asking. The rooms of the house are suitable to our needs. Glad we can be here to help the unborn Kitsune baby. It would be a shame if we became uncomfortable and needed to go home to our pack. Don't ya think?"

Ina was sitting at the table with her legs crossed and her hands folded in her lap. She knew the Rougarou was saying that he would no longer help the baby if Ina didn't treat him and his mate better. Not that his little hint bothered her. Ina knew they wanted to be with this baby way more than either one of them wanted to acknowledge.

Wendigo have excellent hearing. Ina knew what the Rougarou did and said under her roof. Ina was well aware that his female Rougarou cries at night over the loss of her own baby. Ina heard him last night promise to do anything and everything necessary to secure their position in this home. He must be a fool to try to flex his muscles. Ina uncrossed her legs, leaned on the table and pressed her face just inches from his face and whispered

"Take care dog. Use care, before speaking in that tone to me. I am your superior! I am a Sentinel Wendigo and have walked this earth much longer than you can imagine, and I will be here long after they have returned to dust. I think I can find a way to take care of the mutt when it's born with or without you!"

The Rougarou dropped their eyes to the floor in a show of submission. That satisfied Ina enough for the moment, so she got up and left the room and her house in search of a suitable donor for her son. It took Ina almost three hours to find a woman for Damien's needs. She had been forced to go to several places where young people tend to gather in order to find the right one.

The one she finally picked was a beautiful brunette five foot three with curves in all the right places. Ina had seen similar women with her son in the past. She was almost sure that his last human companion was almost identical in size and shape. Hopefully, Damien would be attracted enough to satisfy all his needs.

It was Ina's fervent wish that his obsession with the Kitsune would end. The Kitsune was not his consort and she needed to go back to wherever she came from so that Damien could return to the life he led before this all happened. Maybe the voluptuous women Ina secured for him would put him back on the right track. Then her house will be hers again, no Kitsune and no Rougarou.

Ina came home with the donor in tow and secured her in the last used guest room. She looked at her watch and realized it was only three o'clock. It would be several hours before Ina could get Damien out of her room. She went to the kitchen to wait. She briefly thought of going to the girl's room and having a conversation with Damien in front of her. Then Ina thought it might be better not to have him be defensive before she could convince him of the value of the new donor.

Though it was hard to wait in the kitchen since, she still had not even met the female Kitsune. Damien kept her safely away from her even though he brought her home to her house. He claims that she is too sick to meet Ina yet. She thinks that is poppycock but has so far left it alone. Now, she has to step in and save him from his own behaviour It has become detrimental to his health. She was willing to do what it took to make him understand the importance of eating well and taking care of his needs.

Ina is a Sentinel Wendigo for a reason; she is older than most Wendigo. She can remember a time when society didn't keep time by using AD or even BC as a time marker. All Wendigo have certain skills, like mind control, spirit walking, memory bending and even mirage casting. Older Wendigo have the ability to send sonic waves through their mind, mind speak to anyone they desire, while even others have the ability to read the past of any object they see. Ina as a Sentinel has all of those Wendigo skills and some that most are not even aware that Wendigo can possess.

Ina waited eons to find her consort, then lost him in a tenth of that time. However, she lives and will continue to live long into the future. Both of her sons are immortal like her, and Damien needed remember that. His feelings for this Kitsune are adversely affecting his welfare. She would make sure he returns to caring for his needs properly even if she has to force him.

Ina heard the bedroom door open and she moved quickly to greet her son. The door was open but Damien wasn't in sight. Without Damien blocking her path curiosity got the best of her. She found herself entering the room and looking at the bed. What she saw in the bed shocked her to the core. She was not been prepared for the sight before her eyes. She'd seen gore and terror in her life and yet, she could feel bile touching the back of her throat. She closed her eyes to listen for a heartbeat as she could not believe that anyone could actually be alive beneath the charred flesh.

Suddenly, Ina found herself instantly filled with shame. She was completely embarrassed for not considering the pain the Kitsune was enduring. If Damien was really her consort then Dahlia's pain would also be Damien pain, since he shared his blood with her. God she hoped it really was his imagination. If not he condemned them both to live with an incredible amount of physical pain. On top of the physical pain, she knew they would also both suffer from emotional and psychological pain as well.

Ina had to know the truth. If this burned Kitsune was Damien's consort there's no way he could make decisions for himself or his consort. Ina would have to make them for him and be a better person. Ina quietly left the room in search of her son. She found Damien in his room changing the bedding. He looked so gaunt and pale. She cleared her throat to get his attention. He turned to look at his mama and said.

"Mama, I'm tired, please do not give me a lecture tonight," he said in a soft voice.

Ina felt more guilt consume her as a tear rolled down her cheeks. She put her palm lightly on his cheek.

"I love you my son. You know that right?" Ina asked softly

"Of course, mother," he said in a flat voice.

Damien words were the last bit of courage Ina needed to do the job. Her son looked her in the eyes and Ina mentally took control of him.