Just a plain old Kitsune

Hello all,

Here's the next chapter. Please remember to vote and comment.

thanks

#############

Keanu spent three hours talking to the most stubborn person he thought he had ever met. Well, maybe not the most stubborn but real close. Damien was definitely Ina's child. He was refusing to listen to a single thing Keanu said. If Damien kept this up much longer Keanu was going to do something he promised himself he wouldn't do again. He was going to enter Damien' mind and force him to change it.

"For the love of Hell Damien, you have got to listen to me. This isn't just a matter of you saying that you won't finalize blood bonding her. She already has your blood; you have to eventually finish the blood bonding or you will go insane. It's you or her kid! And right now, you're the only conscious one." Keanu shouted at him

Ina took that moment to sashay into the bedroom and give both of Keanu and Damien a pointed look. Then true to her nature she cut both of them to the bone with just a few words

"Men, I should think both of you know better than this. Papa" she said looking over at Keanu

"Don't you dare even for a moment consider forcing Damien to do something against his will! He is our blood and deserves more respect than that from you. Damien!" she said turning towards Damien who was enjoying her scolding Keanu

"You need to calm yourself down and let us all come to a reasonable decision together. You after all are the one who pulled this poor girl from deaths grip and forced her to remain in our world."

She saw the look of pain cross Damien's face and lowered her voice and tone before continuing.

"Dahlia needs us to do this for her, and you need to gain immunity so that you will be there for her once she is healed. "

Ina reached out and pulled Damien into a tender embrace before continuing.

"I think I have an idea on how to relieve you of some of this stress."

Keanu saw Damien stiffen in his mother's arms and wondered what trick she might have up her sleeves.

"Dahlia is just a typical Kitsune from the Bedrock Kitsune pack. Papa has spent time there off and on for the past three hundred years... I am sure he could convince a blood relative of hers to donate some blood for the immunity process."

Keanu could have slapped himself in the head. Of course, Ina was right and to think it took her to say it out loud for it to make sense. Keanu still had friends in Bedrock. Hell, Keanu still had very good friends in Bedrock. The current Luna was a crossbreed that Keanu knew very very well. In fact, better than Keanu should know her. Keanu was sure she would be willing to help. All he needed to do was place a single phone call.

"Ina, I can't believe I didn't think of this myself. How could it have slipped past me? That is the most reasonable idea yet. No need to use the girl's blood and cause her pain. A blood relative will provide immunity with no side effects to his poor consort. I will call the Bedrock pack Luna and ask that she send a direct relative of Dahlia's I'm sure this is going to be okay."

Keanu moved quickly out of the bedroom and ran out of the house with the intention of retrieving his phone from the bed and breakfast. He hadn't made it across the lawn before his nostrils flared and he knew trouble was brewing. She burst out of the woods and slammed into Keanu before he could brace himself for the impact. He felt at least one rib crack as he was knocked to the ground. Keanu turned quickly and just barely managed to avoid her fist from connecting with his chin.

He tried to grab her arm and hold her back but she managed to get to her feet and kick him in the side causing Keanu to grunt in pain. Okay he thought, no more mister nice guy. Keanu watched as she prepared to kick him in the side again but this time he grabbed her foot and pulled her to the ground.

She made a very unworldly growl as her bottom slammed hard into the compacted dirt beneath them. Keanu couldn't help a chuckle from escaping his lips. His chuckle seemed to anger her all over again. She looked Keanu in the eye and spat out

"Don't you dare chuckle at me? Were you ever planning on telling me that you were going to stay here indefinitely? Tell me Keanu have you found another to replace me with?"

Keanu could tell that she was waiting expectantly for his answer but had still managed to keep her face clear of any emotional indicators. Keanu couldn't help himself for wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her in closer to him. He loved the way she smelled. Lorretta may not be his consort but he loved her just the same. Keanu felt a lump form in his throat and had to swallow it back down before he said

"My dear sweet Lorretta, I had intended to call. I swear. I had your parents here just the other day and was just trying to honour your request"

Keanu hated that she forced him to hide their relationship from her Mama and Noah, but Keanu wanted to be with her more than he wanted to tell them so he kept silent. Keanu felt Lorretta go soft and pliant in his arms upon hearing his words and knew his answer was enough to placate her for now.

"Come on love, let me take you to the bed and breakfast and we can talk before I introduce you to my daughter Ina and my grandson Damien"

Keanu rolled over to his side and got to his feet and held out his hand for Lorretta to take into hers. Neither one of them said a word on the way to the bed and breakfast. The silence gave Keanu time to consider the situation that Lorretta and he found themselves in. Keanu knew Lorretta since the day she was born. Only moments after she came into the world she managed to steal his heart. Then she found her consort and Keanu took a step back for a few years.

She called Keanu the day Tim died. Keanu came to her side and hasn't left yet. Their relationship changed and they became even closer friends after the death of her consort. Lorretta had loved him with her whole heart.

They'd had precious few years together before he'd accidentally died in a boating accident. At the time Lorretta had six young-ins under the age of five and Keanu volunteered to stay with her and help. It didn't happen right away, but it did happen. Over time, Lorretta and Keanu started to find each other physically attractive. It seemed they just connected on every level. They understood each other without the support of a blood bond. Their souls may not have danced together, but Keanu and Lorretta's bodies sure did.

Now, if we they human or even two other Verga their relationship probably wouldn't be a problem, but Lorretta and Keanu were forbidden lovers. Keanu was Verga and Lorretta was technically Empa. Though with her mixed blood her mother being a Kitsune and hare father being Ōkami some might consider her neutral.