CHAPTER 03

[Give love in secret by praying for one another]

*****

"Naima, Where are you going?" After breakfast, her father-in-law asked her.

She was silent for a moment. "Dad, I'm going to my mom's house. She's not feeling well."

Naima was lying because she didn't know what to say. She didn't want to make her father-in-law worried.

"Well, my daughter, you may go. Let Zaid take you there. Send my regards to your family." Abdullah, his father-in-law gave her a gift. "This is for your father. He can use it at any time required."

Naima hesitated whether to accept or not. But he finally accepted it. "Thank you, Dad, may Allah reward you with a better one."

"Amiiiin... Tsumma Amiin..." He replied.

"But, Dad, I think I will go there alone. Zaid is still sleeping, I do not want to disturb him." Naima stated. She looked bit worried about her own self about what she would tell to her parents and family later.

"Naima, you are the honor of this family now, at least... let the driver take you there. Asim will drive you home!" Her father-in-law forced her to obey.

He left her no choice. "Okay, Dad. Thanks..."

On her way home, Naima daydreams about what it would be like if she married the man who loves her. It might feel completely different.

How's the feeling of being loved by someone you love? When you may cuddle with him, touch him, hug and hold his hand... Or at least you can looking at his deep eyes and got drown by those beautiful window of his heart? For me, love is expensive and luxury thing which money cannot afford. 

She kept talking to herself alone. 

After thanking Asim, Naima got out of the car. Arriving home, Naima saw that her mother and father were on the terrace. He had heard her father talk about his business that began to fall turnover. Her mother could only tell him to be patient and keep praying. Naima remembered the envelope her father-in-law had given her. She had to quickly give this to her father.

"Naima? Ya Rabb, you are here..." Her mother did not believe what she saw. Naima was finally home.

"Yes, Mom. I am home." She looked worried but tried to hide her true feelings.

"Where is your husband?" Her mother looked around and couldn't find her son-in-law. "Is he busy at work?"

Naima smiled bitterly. "No, Mom. He had other business so he couldn't drive me here." 

Naima looked different after being married for a while. Her clothes and appearance looked like a classy lady. Her mother felt happy now. She had a mature daughter and now she became an obedient wife.

"Oh I see. Do you want something to eat? I have special chicken curry today. I hope you are hungry." Her mom offered her some special food. It was a motherly instinct that knew her daughter would be visiting home even without telling her in advance.

"Thank you, Mom." Naima couldn't resist the cuisine she longed for.

"Eat more, Naima." Her mother ordered her to eat. She suddenly shed tears. It reminds her of her husband who slept at his ex-girlfriend's house last night. 

Then sinlessly fall asleep all night and skip the morning prayer. What should Naima did to make her husband came to his senses. If she told her mother about this, she was afraid that she would made her mother sad. But, being three months married to a man who behaves not like a real human was hard for her.

"Do you have something on your mind?" Her mother has apparently been watching her since she arrived. "You look upset."

Naima couldn't take it anymore. She told her beloved mother about her husband who did not want to pray. 

"What? Really? Astaghfirullah... Naima..."

Her mother finally hugged her. She said she would tell her father about it soon. "Calm down. Your father will definitely give you a solution. He will ask Abdullah's family to let you go. I don't want my daughter to be treated this way. By Allah, I will tell your father about this matter." Her mother's voice trembled.

Naima and her mother finally told her father about this. How surprised they were when they found out what his father had said.

"No way, Naima. This can't be happening. "Her father didn't seem surprised by Naima's explanation. "I knew about this from the beginning. That's why Abdullah asked me to marry you to him. So you can change his child's behavior."

"What?" Naima shouted. Her crying broke out. 

"We can't do this, Naima. Because of Abdullah, Zaid's father has helped us a great deal. He paid off our family's debts and helped fund my business. He helped to pay for your sister's schools fee and even... giving money monthly to our family."

Naima was really shocked. Not only was she married to a man as bad as Zaid, but she was sold to his family by her own father. She can't escape her fate.