Youngjae

"Let's go shopping," Youngjae says and picks up his year old daughter. He tightly holds her, scared he would drop her if he didn't hold her right. She giggles and gives him a sloppy kiss. Youngjae chuckles and puts her on the bed, changes her and he changes right after.

He heads downstairs and places her in the cloth wrapped around his body to support her. He makes sure everything is off and all windows/doors are closed. Hee young was busy drooling and spreading it on Youngjae's sweater.

Finally, when he picks up her baby bag and looks down does he realize the mess she made. "Little troublemaker," he says, bopping her nose. She giggles in response. Youngjae grins.

His daughter had the same cute smile he did. He places her down in the carrier, removes the cloth around his body and tosses it somewhere, and makes sure she has her toys before he drives off. Usually she would complain but now that she had a few toys hanging from the handle, it would help distract her.

As he's driving, he glances at the mirror, seeing her play with the toys, trying to yank them off the handle. "Are you enjoying yourself, princess?" He hears her giggle.

Finally, they arrive. Youngjae grabs the carrier and walks into the market after making sure the blanket covers the opening. He grabs a cart, places the carrier on it, and removes the blanket for her to see. Youngjae hears her grunt. "Be patient with me, baby. We'll leave in a few minutes." He spoke though he knew she wouldn't understand.

While he skims through the aisles, she begins to grow inpatient, beginning to cry out of hunger. "Are you hungry?" he places his finger by her mouth and in response, she opens her mouth. Youngjae takes out a bottle with formula and places it by her mouth for her to take.

"You have a cute daughter, sir." A middle aged woman passes by. "Thank you," he says and bows with a smile. Right after, Youngjae heads to the freezers full of ice cream cakes. "Hm, which one does mommy like?" He scans and finally picks one out. "This should be the one."

Right after, he rushes to the checkout area, pays, covers the blanket over the baby and heads out. By now, Hee young was sleeping. When he loads everything in the car, he heads home and begins to make dinner while glancing at his daughter every once in a while.

With the noise of the music and the clashing of dishes, he was positively sure she would wake up any minute. He was busy making pasta when Hee Young's cries echo throughout the room and into the kitchen.

"Give me a second, princess." He quickly finishes and washes his hands, rushing over to his daughter. He takes her out of the carrier and rocks her back and forth, knowing it would help her fall asleep again.

He softly sings to her to make her sleep faster. It's not that he didn't want to hold her but he wasn't done cooking and still needed to clean. Slowly, her eyes begin to flutter close. Youngjae couldn't help but smile at how cute she looked.

In many ways, she resembled Y/n. Unknowingly, a tear dropped out of his eyes and onto her cheek. She squirms in discomfort when she feels it drop on her. Youngjae wipes the tear away and apologizes.

"Go back to sleep, princess. I didn't mean to wake you up." He reassures and she falls back asleep. He places her on the couch and wraps a blanket around her, placing some pillows around her so she wouldn't move or fall off.

He heads into the kitchen and finishes off what he needed to do. Soon after, he sets the food on the table and makes sure everything is cleaned spotless. Two candles were placed on the table and by then, Hee young woke up again.

Time for her to eat as well. He places her on the highchair and gets her ready to feed her. For some time, he feeds her and hums a song until she's done. He cleans up her mess and sets her in the playpen.

He begins to eat, constantly glancing at his wife's chair and slowly, he begins to lose his appetite. With a clank, he drops the chopsticks. "Why did you have to leave?" He pouts, missing his wife. It's been a few months since she left. Tears began to well at the corners of his eyes.

"What are you going on about?"

Wow, I'm even hearing her voice now. Footsteps behind him cause him to jump off the chair and turn around to see his wife holding their daughter. "Please tell me I'm not imagining things." He rubs his eyes, staring at Y/n.

She raises an eyebrow with an amused smile. "You sound like you're saying your last words before something bad happened." Youngjae laughs and walks over to her, gently holding her, trying to not squeeze Hee young.

"I missed you so much," he mumbles, closing his eyes in happiness. "I missed you too, baby." Youngjae pulls away, "which baby? Me or her?"

"Hee young."

"Hey!" Y/n laughs and Hee young follow along although she doesn't know what she's laughing at. "She'll probably be like you when she grows up." Youngjae mumbles. Y/n chuckles, finding him cute.

Y/n reaches and interlocks her fingers between his. He smiles and drags her to sit on a chair. "I made this for you. Happy birthday! I didn't expect you to actually come back today." He laughs and leans down to kiss her on the lips and a kiss on the cheek for Hee young.

Hee young giggles and extends her hand out. "Wow, she favors you more than me now," Y/n jokingly says. Youngjae laughs and takes a seat next to her. "Let's eat and lay down right after. The jet lag got to me." Youngjae agrees.

"Promise me you won't leave me alone again. I was beginning to think I'm a single parent." Y/n laughs and says, "I told the company I wouldn't do a job like that anymore. I'll work from home instead."

Youngjae can't help but beam that he wasn't going to be alone for months again.