c l i m a x // VIII

Dara doesn’t know what to do anymore. It’s almost a week or two that they aren’t talking to each other. After their fight that night after the party, Jiyong seemed to distance himself from her. He’ll leave before Dara wakes up and come home after Dara falls asleep. And whenever Jiyong’s at home, he’s always with Shin Yong. He doesn’t talk to her. Dara realized her own husband is avoiding her. And damn, it hurts her so much.

Dara stole a glance at Jiyong. This is one of those nights that he’s at home wherein she’s not yet asleep. But still, he isn’t talking to her. She wants this to stop. This cold war between them is annoying her to death.

After the deafening silent dinner they had, Jiyong played together with his son in the playroom, just like one of those nights wherein he comes home early and Dara is not asleep yet, to avoid conversing with her. He can’t do this anymore. He wants this to stop.

--

[FLASH BACK]

Jiyong decided to drop at Sohee’s place. It’s still early in the evening and he doesn’t want to go home yet. Not when Dara’s still awake. He knocked on the door and she’s there. Sohee opened the door and let her come in.

“Whisky or Cognac?” asked Sohee once Jiyong is seated on her red velvet couch.

“Cognac.”

Sohee went to her mini-bar and grabbed a bottle of Courvoisier. After pouring the liquor on the glasses, she walked towards Jiyong with the drinks in her hands.

“Here.” She handed him his glass of cognac and sat beside him.

“Thanks.” He replied, taking a quick sip.

“So,” Sohee started. “Are you going to sleep here or what?” she said, drinking her own glass of cognac.

“You know I can’t.”