Petals red and blue

Checkmate was wondering around, her tail was dragging on the ground behind her. She decided to wonder the nearby park, she remembered it from years before when orbit and her where just kids. As she walked through the trees she watched small pink petals fall. In her head Aidiriv was sitting down in a chair reading a book, which she was. I guess this was her off day?

After a while of walking she saw someone in the distance. She got closer and noticed it was lobey, she ran and caught up with him, noticing he looked a little sad. She tapped his shoulder and smiled "hi!" Lobey turned around to look at her and then smiled. Suddenly she was surrounded in a warm hug, she felt her legs suddenly feel frozen, as the hug stopped she looked down and saw that her legs where encased in ice.

Checkmate felt her face get piping hot as she pulled her legs out of the ice. She looked up at Lobey and smiled "sorry..." she said before stepping back a little. "I- are you ok?!" Lobey questioned. Checkmate began to cry "I don't... I don't know! It all just happened at once and- and-" she wiped her eyes before lobey hugged her again "whatever happened your ok. I won't let it happen again." She found some comfort in those words but, she knew nothing could save her from herself. She hugged Lobey back and she felt warm again.

After an hour or so everyone was back at orbits house, orbit had pulled checkmate aside to talk to her. "You know that.. it's going to come back right?" Orbit said worried "I- I think it wants to be called Aidiriv. Whatever it is it's like a mirror image and... i think I shouldn't stay close to people who are important to me. Willis I'm so sorry... I tried to stop it I was just to weak for some reason." Checkmate sighed. Orbit looked a little sad and then patted checkmates head "don't worry. We will find a way to stop it. Without killing you." Checkmate sighed and then shook her head "I trust you. My life is in your hands. Literally."