Chapter 7

Blake POV

Zoey is something else. She's not normal, but I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not yet.

"Watcha thinking about so deeply?" Joseph asks behind me.

"Probably a girl," Lukas says sarcastically.

"Actually, I am thinking about a girl," I admit to them, turning to face the two.

Their jaws drop with surprise. You see, I never have time for girls with the gang and home, so it's amazing for me to even look at a girl I'm not related to longer than a second or two.

"An actually, real-life girl that you're not related to?" Joseph asks in disbelief.

I nod and smirk. They start asking me all these questions about her and I describe Zoey to them. Her wavy, sunset hair, sparkling, light hazel eyes, her badass piercings, and her shy attitude. Once I'm finished, I let out a sigh and they start laughing.

"What's so funny?!" I ask, confused.

"Man, you've got a very creative mind!" Joey exclaims with a wheeze.

"What are you talking about?" 

"Blake's got an imaginary girlfriend!" Lukas yells with a chuckle.

"Actually, he doesn't." A voice says behind us.

Joey's twin sister, Madison, stood there with a smirk on her face.  Madison, like Joey, has bright green eyes, tons of freckles and dirty blond hair. They're both quite pale and mature looking for their age. Lukas is the complete opposite. He's African-American with black hair and bright violet eyes, and younger-looking for his age.

"How do you know, little sis?" Joey asks his twin.

"Her name is Zoey, right?" Maddie asks me.

I nod.

"We used to hang out with her when we were 8, remember?" She recalls, "Zoey Night, she and her dad were always coming to the park after school almost every day to hang out with us."

I think about it and remember, and she does sort of resemble Zoey. But if they are the same person, then what happened to her dad?

"But she wasn't with her dad, so how could it be her?" I ask.

"I don't know, but you could ask. I'm sure she would tell you." Maddison tells me.

"Why do you think that?" Luk questions her.

"The two were inseparable for the most part. It took Zoey's dad literally an hour to get those to away from each other half the time."

We nod and I ask, "Does she go to our school?"

Mads nods and answers, "Yeah. I tried talking to her once or twice, but her friends are seriously protective of her. They know I'm related to you idiots and won't let me anywhere near her."

"Who are her friends?" Joe asks.

"Paisley Morgan and Weston Alvarado." 

I've heard of them. Paisley is bubbly and I guess pregnant, from what I've heard some of the school's populars saying. Weston is Betty's twin, and I feel truly sorry for him. Betty is a horrible person, and Weston is actually nice guy compared to his sister, from what some of the jocks used to say before he got into all the drama with Tyler.

"You should try finding those two tomorrow if you want to talk to Zoey. Those three rarely ever leave each other's sides." Maddison tells us before leaving.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We get to school the next day and go searching for them. I spot Zoey going into the library and I part ways with my friends before following her in. She and her two friends were seated at the last table in the back, furthest away from everything else.

"Hey, Zoey," I say.

She turns around and waves.

"Hi, Blake." Zoey says, "What do you want?"

"I wanted to see if you remember me," I answer, honestly.

I pull out the chair, flip it around, and sit down next to her.

"I remember you from the other night, of course." She says, "I mean, you helped me with a panic attack after all."

"I didn't mean from the other night. I meant from when we were kids."

She looks at me, confused out of her mind.

"Think back to when you were 8, and think about those kids you used to hang out at the park with," I tell her.

A few moments later, she engulfs me in a giant hug and asks, "Is it really you Forest?"

I hug her back and answer, "It is Star."