chapter 17: the pain still lingers (part 1)

This chapter is dedicated to sheryllongbottom for you I wrote this chapter with both my eyes almost shut coz of sty. Coz I love you babes...

And for everyone who waited for a lighter chapter...hope this doesn't bore you...I'm not that good at writing such chapters.

Enjoyyyy.

Days after the mishap at the zipline:

Staring at his reflection the files still clutched in his hands as tears spilt his hurt, shocked and angered eyes. His eyes known in family for innocence. His eyes known for it gentleness. His eyes known for finesse and detail was now filled with tears of betrayal. Was now filled with tears of hurt. Control yourself Maktoum. Control yourself dammit. He let out a soft tired sob before taking a long deep breath. As he shut his eyes he could feel the heat building up in his head now burning his eyes.

How could she?! She was his best friend.

He chuckled to himself, Rashid was his best friend too he was his own brother and was still betrayed. This was supposed to be nothing.

How could she kill innocent unborn children! How could she hate him so much!!? How could she try and poison him ! She was his best friend! She was his best friend!

"You will suffer her tears. You will suffer her pain."

"You are my son Hamdan...of all my nephews...You my boy are my son. You will always be.", Saeed said as he smiled at young Hamdan soon to be sent to Sandhurst for his military training.

"How could you? How could you? You called him your son. He loves you more than he ever loved his own father. How could you? How could you destroy so many families!? How could you destroy innocence?! There is only one place for you...you are going to hell and there is no coming back no repentance.", he spoke to his reflection. His voice hoarse.

He couldn't understand why did she not want to barge into Saeed's office and arrest him when there is all the proof she needed to finish him off. He immediately picked up the incoming call. Speak of the woman and she just rang.

"Assalamualaikum...."

"Walaikumassalam akhi...you sound weird? All good?",she asked slightly nervously.

There was silence on the other end of the line. And Aairah now knew what had happened. She cleared her throat , " he ripped everyone apart and left them to die. He ripped me apart he ripped our family apart. We are going to rip him piece by piece. Slowly so he feels it and begs for is to stop. I waited over six years for this. Please be patient for me... I don't even know how should I break this him...it would kill him. Please I need time. Till then do call your mother. Are you there?", she called out as there was silence on the other end of the line.

"Yes...I want you to know something. Don't hate me for this.", he paused.

"Yeah go ahead. After all you have done for me...I can promise you I will try not to get angry or hate you.", she anticipated something bad happened.

"I'm sorry I was the one that ordered the pulley to be messed with.",he said in one breath.

It was as if someone dumped an ice bucket on her. She felt her lungs push out the air all of a sudden.

"I know ...I know my brother...he would manage somehow...and please...no he didn't know a thing or else he would have my head on a pike game of thrones style for scaring you. I had to do that to make you realise what he means to you no matter how much you hide it. I just wanted him too to be assured that you still love him...", he was cut off.