The other side of the story

CHAPTER 7

The other side of the story.

Meet me, I am Khushi Kumari Gupta! Sorry! Dr. Khushi Kumari Gupta. It shall take me a little time to get used to this title which was rendered to me more than a year ago.

No, you do not get to ask my age! I am a lady now, have some manners! I am a very young lady, by the way.  While all my batch mates have almost attained twenty five years of earthly existence, I am still stuck on not even twenty three yet!

The thing is that I had skipped my kindergarten and directly gone to grade 1. Moreover I was born in February and in Mumbai, the academic year is from april to march. So I had joined the batch which was more than a year elder to me.

I am currently doing my MD and internship in gynaecology from Smt. Sunayana Devi Multispeciality Hospital .

Until two years ago, I was in Mumbai with my Amma and Bauji. I had completed my MBBS from Aarti Raizada Medical college there. Then my Bauji decided to shift to Kasturi for unknown reasons. So, I was here with them as they wouldn't allow me to stay in a hostel, that too for unknown reasons. My previous college had  recommended me as an intern for SSDMH.

I don't know why Amma keeps on saying about the fees when I am a scholarship student. AR knowledge centre has granted me a 100% discount on my fees for all years on the condition that after internship I shall work in their hospital only. Why shall I have any objection? After all they are the best in not only Aaranya  but also India.

The dream sequence you saw in the earlier update that the narrator of my story,  Samyukta had posted, was my dream. I get the same dream every time. Me being flung out of the car, then going near the arch bridge and meeting the prince. But till yet I had never talked to this Prince and he had never shown me his face. But today I saw his face, not so clearly but I saw him for the first time. I felt butterflies fluttering in my stomach!

Then Amma woke me up or  I would have danced with him tonight until my feet ached!

I can explain my dream quite well. The car sequence is just an action replay of something that had happened years ago. The car accident which cost me my parents' lives.

Me looking at the soft serene water quietly is related to me being mute for years after the accident. Me and mute! You won't believe it but it is true, I had been mute for about two - three years. Such was the shock of witnessing my parents death in front of my eyes!

The prince part was the only part I haven't been able to relate to in my life. Maybe it showed that I had never met my prince charming yet.

But why did I get to see him today in my dream then?

Why did he say that I had already seen him in real, today?

  My thoughts  immediately struck at his chocolaty brown eyes which instantaneously reminded me of the man I met earlier this morning only for an instant -Mr. Unclology!

He looked quite handsome and well built and his looks were worth a murder. He looked  so yummy in his 3 piece charcoal grey suit, just like charcoal ice cream! But he also looked dangerous and mysterious. He must be some big shot, confidence and arrogance dripped from his style of talk and walk.

He was staring at me awkwardly when I was bidding my patient a
good bye and offering her son a chocolate. I had scrunched my eyebrows at him suspiciously and walked away.

Later when I was leaving from my cabin after making an unsuccessful attempt to study a bit as my finals were coming soon, I saw him again. In fact he was standing outside my cabin.

I  had curtly asked him if he needed some help and he replied in a stammer that he was searching for the department of Unclology.

UNCLOLOGY!

I wanted to burst out laughing on the spot but my manners stopped me from doing so. Amma had taught me that it was unladylike to burst out laughing like this. Moreover I didn't want to make fun of his mistaken pronunciation.

Maybe he meant oncology. I asked him and he nodded.
Oncology, the study of cancer!

Maybe he or his friend standing near by or somebody close to him suffered from... Oh! And I was about to make fun of him, careless of what all he and his family must be undergoing. Poor guy and difficult times! I sympathetically kept my hand on his shoulder and assured him that everything shall be fine.

I hope he shall forget his problems and have the courage to go ahead in life.

But currently, I am not able to move ahead from his chocolate brown eyes! Argh! Spare me god! Let me study, finals are upcoming!

**************

Garima went towards the hall with a tray in her hand. She went near the sofa and bent to give tea to Shashi. Shashi took up the cup and saucer and Garima stood up straight, keeping the tray on the side table.

" Hmm... Is your daughter back from the hospital?" he asked while sipping his tea.

"Yes."Garima nodded, adjusting her pallu over her head.

"When shall her education finish? It has been so many years!" He said irritated.

"Jee, this is her last year. Just 3 months to go for her final exams and then her education is complete."

"And when shall she turn 23? Or has she already?"

"No no! A month is left for her 23 rd birthday."

" Okay then. Make sure she has no boyfriends and all."

"Jee,  I don't think she is that type of a girl ."

"Whatever! I don't trust her generation." Shashi scoffed.

" Jee, what about after she completes her MD or whatever that is?" Garima asked with a smirk.

" Get her away from me, married  for all I care! Just let her complete her education first!"

********************

Why are shashi and garima so keen on getting khushi educated ?

How many of you smelled something fishy here?

Please do like and comment.