Angry young ASR

Chapter 17

Khushi was sitting on the front seat of Arnav's car while he was driving. Khushi stayed quite as she knew he was very angry. He switched on his Bluetooth and started speaking

"Aman! I want you to arrange a few trusted, strong and smart bodyguards for protection to miss Khushi. Yes, ensure that they are secretive and undercover... Yes Yup ... Also some 4 men would be lying on the M.G.road. Send police to register cases of eve teasing against them, make the police inspector to contact me when they ask for whose complaint it is. Yes, fine. Bye." he said in his fast and fluent English.

"Uh...I do not need bodyguards." Khushi tried to speak.

"Shut up!" Arnav grit his teeth loudly. "Have you seen your state, how scared you were! What were you doing on this road when you knew it is dark and lonely here? Anything could have happened!"

"My practical viva was in the afternoon batch. It continued till 5:30 in the evening. Then our teacher took a small revision for the upcoming exam and then I and my friends were having small party in the canteen with samosa and chit chat! Ussi main time lag gaya!( in that only time was spent ) and I have my scooter."

" So...where is your damn scooter!?"he shouted, halting the car.

" It got faulty. It is locked near one of the trees in the road!"

"How careless!" he scoffed. "How careless of Shashi ji to leave you for the evening, he didn't even call you once or care! I am not questioning your ability and independence, Khushi, but think anything could have happened if I had not happened to pass by this road. You were so tired!" Arnav said putting a hand on her shoulder.

Khushi closed her eyes at his touch and thought. Really, if he hadn't come, god knows what would have happened. Truly neither her mother nor her father had called her even once asking her if she was late? She was hours late from the time she reaches home. She knew they had gone out to some elite friend's house for dinner but yet they could have called.

She remembered how a few minutes ago, Arnav had become her saviour. Kya style se peeta unn gundon ko!

******************

Half an hour ago :

Arnav closed the car door after handing Khushi his coat.

"Ay, we want her..." A rogue said before his sentence was stopped abruptly by Arnav's punch on his nose. The guy fell to the ground holding his nose.

Another rogue came and held Arnav but he kicked him from behind making him fall back. He hit his head on the ground and fainted.

Seeing their partners fall to the ground, the other two rogues tried fleeing away but Arnav caught them from behind, pulled them back and banged their head to the ground.

As the rogues tried to get up, he showed his gun from his pocket.

"Don't you dare! Lay there!"

Arnav wiped off the dust from his hands and shirt and got into his car.

"Are you fine?" he asked and Khushi nodded.

**********************

"Hey, you have a gun?" Khushi widened her eyes and asked him.

Arnav removed his hand from her shoulder.

"Yes, I have a gun. I am trained in rifle shooting too. Dad wanted me to join the army but I have flat feet. So, I didn't get selected. Anyways, my family's protection is utmost priority for me."

He said, starting the car and shifting gears.

"It isn't allowed right?"

"I have a license."

"Have you used it anytime ?"

"Once or maybe twice, some rented goons had attacked me."

"You killed someone!" Khushi gasped.

"No! Just wounded them on their hands or legs to stop them from trying to harm me. Later I onlu got their treatment done." He shrugged, explaining his stand.

Khushi nodded and thought If he is so noble, then why did he force my parents. He could have asked also but yes then there were chances that I could have denied thinking of her career. Now I don't think I have any choice. I don't think I have the guts to confront him about

She bent a bit as her stomach rumbled. She hadn't had her lunch due to her practicals. Even in the party, she ate only one Samosa which not enough for her foodie tummy. She despised tea so she hadn't had any during the party.

"What happened, did you get hurt somewhere?" Arnav asked concernedly as she held her stomach .

She sat up straight at that and said

"No! Nothing, I am fine !"

"Seriously, Khushi, tell me what happened? Why had you clutched your stomach?"

"I am hungry..."she said making a cute face.

Arnav chuckled at her cuteness.

"I too am hungry. Wait we will search for a restaurant."

"No, home is nearby. We will eat at home" She said referring to her house. "Or Amma will shout that I ate outside food."

"You don't eat outside food?"

"It is forbidden for me. Amma says my weight shall increase and I have to bear her mythical rules."

" Nah, it is alright to break rules sometimes. Also I think you should gain a little weight or who knows you might fly away somewhere someday." Arnav chuckled and Khushi giggled.

" I am not that thin..." She pouted.

" But you are hungry, right? Let me take you to a restaurant." Arnav smiled.

Khushi widely smiled and they moved towards the city area.

Arnav's phone rang. He was finding it difficult to switch his Bluetooth on as he was taking a sharp turn. Khushi pressed the button on his phone taking it from his pocket, making him shiver a bit at her touch.

"Chhotte! Where are you? It is almost 9:30 and Aman said he doesn't know where you are. I was so scared." Anjali said concernedly. She was always very concerned about Arnav, she never wanted any harm to happen to him.

"Relax di! I am fine. I am going to have dinner with Khushi so don't keep any for me and make sure you eat, okay!" Arnav said in a sort of scolding tone.

"Ohho, date shate haan? Okay I won't disturb you, bye!"Anjali teased as she cut the call. Arnav looked back to the road, slightly blushing.

Khushi looked at Arnav. He was so nice, so caring, so good at heart. Why did he force her parents then? Is there something more than he feared her rejection?

*******************