Unique

Chapter13

Unique

"An apt date for your son's marriage with Gupta ji's daughter shall be 4 months later on the 27th of October. It is Karwa chauth also that day so it is going to be a very auspicious date." The pandit said after pretending to read the kundali. He had been bribed by shashi to give a date after 4 months.

"That is nice. Khushi's MD shall be done in 3 months. " Garima said.

"Okay then. On the 27th of October Chhotte and Khushi ji will get married. This is fine, right dad?" Anjali asked Aaryamann.

He nodded.

"Shashi you will pay those 55 crores after the marriage. The engagement shall be performed a month later." Aaryamann said, crossing his legs.

Shashi nodded.

"It has been two hours. Where is Saale sahib?" Shyaam asked while Anjali blushed a bit.

Maybe they liked each other a lot and are romancing. Should I didturb them?

***********************

"  I just love kids! They are so cute! This little boy had once come to me and given me a piece of his chocolate bar I mean aww...
.
.
.
.
I need to get my obstetrician certificate also. That is another course after this MD...
.
.
.
.
And chocolate pastries  are my ultimate  favorite!
.
.
.
.
.
You know, Leena's dog gave birth to twelve puppies this year! She wanted me to adopt one of them but I don't think I can take care of dogs. Can you?
.
.
.
.
The fun in eating Pani puri is over three times the taste of burgers and tacos! These foriegn cuisines are simply overrated.
.
.
.
.
One of my 11th standard teachers was so beautiful and she wore a new saree everyday!
And..."

Arnav wiped the sweat droplets on his forehead. To his talkative sister's displeasure, he had always been a man of few words.  So he was kinda happy when khushi told him that she doesn't talk much. But she had been blabbering on her own on various unrelated topics since the past two hours. Yet he was intently listening to her just in order to know more about her.

She talks a lot, is that a flaw?

I talk less, is that a flaw?

Stop finding flaws!

He instructed himself.

Look how flawlessly beautiful she is!

"Hmm?" Khushi asked." Did you say something?"

"No. You were telling me how that shopkeeper cheated you by selling that bag to you for Rs.250."Arnav smiled.

"Yes, I don't think that bag should cost even Rs. 100 and he made me pay more than double for it. Thug kahin ka!" Khushi scoffed and pouted folding her hands.

Her pout was so tempting that Arnav felt like kissing it away.

Control yourself, Arnav!
Arnav pressed his lips together.

She was like equalising their equation. She was more in the aspects where he was less. This would bring a balance in their life.

At least she was not just a pretty bob head like Lavanya or a desperate lover like Sheetal.

She was unique. She had her own kind of beauty and grace in her like his father had said. She is just like a little princess.

And he fell in love with her uniqueness.

"Chhotte, Khushi ji, if you are done talking to each other, can we do the rituals?" Anjali chirped peeping into the room.

"Arre! Rani sahiba, don't disturb them." Shyam said teasingly.

Arnav and Khushi got up from their seats. Arnav looked away while Khushi blushed.

She had noticed that he talks very less so to irritate him on purpose she had started her talkathon. She looked up when she realised how Anjali had called Arnav. Chhotte? This tall, big man is known as Chhotte?

She laughed aloud at that making Shyam and Anjali stare at her in confusion.

" You call Arnav ji Chhotte?" Khushi asked.

Anjali bit her tongue seeing  Arnav glare at her. How many times had he told her not to call him Chhotte, but his sister won't ever comply! Shyam laughed aloud seeing Arnav's expression.

Anjali held Khushi's hands and took her to the hall saving herself from Arnav's glares while Khushi continued giggling. Shyam kept a hand on Arnav's shoulder and smiled to him. They both followed the ladies to the hall.

*********************

Khushi was made to sit on the big sofa. Anjali handed Arnav a red shawl to put over Khushi's head. He came forward and put the shawl on her hair. She held the chunri's border and looked away. Everybody thought that she was shying but actually she was hiding her sadness. She just didn't like that the Raizadas had forced her family to give her away to them in marriage. She has no problem in getting married to Arnav but the way this has happened... She  was determined to make them pay for this.

Khushi had made up her mind against the Raizadas completely ignorant and unaware of the fact that Shashi had not repaid his loan and that is why this all was happening.

Anjali came forward and kept a Red saree, a jewellery set, a coconut and a few strings of jasmine on Khushi"s lap. She told Arnav to sit beside Khushi and circled the Aarti thaal in front of them. She put the tilak on their  foreheads.

"May god bless you both and you stay happy always." She smiled to them cupping Khushi 's cheek and holding Arnav's chin.

Khushi and arnav went and touched aaryamann's feet.

" Sada sukhi raho!( always stay happy)" He blessed them.

**********************

After a heavy lunch Arnav and his family were about to bid the Guptas a good bye.

"Okay. We will meet on the 22nd of next month for the engagement."Shyam said with a smile.

Arnav went towards Khushi.

"All the best!"

"Huh?"Khushi looked up.

"You have to study, right? All the best!" he smiled.

"Thank you. Can I have your phone number, please?" Khushi asked shyly.

"Sure. You tell me yours, I will give you a call so that you can store it."

After their exchange of  phone numbers, Arnav said good bye to Khushi and turned to leave.

Khushi turned back but Arnav called her from behind. He quickly gave her a kiss on her cheek and went away after whispering in her ears "You really are very sweet. Bye!"

He left thinking that he had got his birthday gift.

Khushi touched her cheek with wide eyes and stared at him as he left. She gave a sarcastic smile

"Wait, Raizada! I will show you how sweet am I!"

*****************************