I can't help myself.

Chapter 30

"Khushi, I am not able to understand what is wrong with you? You are getting such a handsome, wealthy husband and not to forget that he is caring and romantic and  understanding. He has all qualities which a girl might ever ask for. So why do you always seem so apprehensive about the marriage?" Myrah asked shaking Khushi.

"Nothing that normal scariness before marriage about leaving your family..."Khuhsi said looking away.

"Khushi, we know you since years. You don't behave like this, you were flinching every time he touched you. Many times you were seeing him with hate and disgust and many times you were seeing him with a lot of affection. What is going on, tell us the truth!"Gunjan nudged Khushi.

"I was feeling so guilty about when we pranked on such a sweet person but seeing your behaviour, Khushi. Is there more to then what meets the eye? Is ASR not actually as sweet and caring as he seems? Did he touch you with any bad intentions? Does he have a bad character? Or worse is he abusive!? Psycho even?"Parvathi asked and Khushi gasped.

"No Paro! Arnav ji is actually a very good man. He saved me from goons also one day. That is not the thing."

"Then what is it, Khushi? "Sanaya asked.

"He has forced my parents to get me married to him or else we don't even know what he will do! He is very caring, Myrah but he is very scary too. He is very loving,Gunjan but he never compromises, never adjusts. He is very intimidating, very demanding. Also his father was in mafia before, that makes it very difficult for us to deny him. I wanted to talk to him about making a compromise so we could get married after some years, when I am very comfortable with him but he doesn't do compromises. And the most disgusting thing is that they have demanded dowry from my parents for which they had to empty all their accounts. I can't even say anything for the safety of my family! "Khushi cried covering her face with her hands .

"What!" Khushi's friends made a shocked expression.

"There is more to this ...I hate him for what a state of helplessness he has put my family into ..but I have completely fallen for him... his care , his love , his affection , I could't stop myself from falling for him . What a dilemma am I in ? Help me god !!"

"To teach him a lesson only I am playing pranks on him as a stupid immature attempt to spoil his reputation. That is the most I can do without getting into any kind of suspicion. But I feel so bad when I hurt him so."

All the friends stared at Khushi, at how helpless she was. They went and hugged her to comfort her. After the marvellous day they had spent with ASR, they couldn't believe that such a caring man could have this dark side too. Forceful marriage!? Dowry!?

Engulfed in their friend's sorrow, they didn't notice that another person was hearing them.

******************

"It is good that Khushi is still wrapped around our fingers. She believes us and doesn't know about our loan with the Raizadas. That's good, she will believe our helplessness and not cause any resistance when we take her money." Shashi smirked to Garima after she narrated what she had heard to him.

"But she has fallen in love with Raizada ji. What if she revolts against us for him?"Garima questioned.

"We will be long gone before she finds out even an ounce of truth. You think I will let go of 15 years of our hard work so easily?"Shashi laughed.
" It is her sangeet tomorrow. Make sure we do not displease the Raizadas by showing a very sad and distraught Khushi. Dress her well." He gave instructions to Garima, she nodded and went towards Khushi's room.

****************

"Chalo, everybody go home! Khushi needs to have her beauty sleep for looking good in tomorrow's sangeet." Garima said pulling the girls out of their hug.

She saw their tears and questioned,

"Kya hua? Are you people sad because Khushi is getting married or jealous that she got such a nice boy?"

The girls laughed thinking Garima was teasing them.

"Today's girls I tell you, only study and careers. What about marriage? You should think of marriage! What if you grow old before marriage, then who will marry you guys!"She scolded them.

The girls rolled their eyes at Garima's typical old fashioned thinking. They bid Khushi goodbye, promised to talk later and went away to their homes.

"Now, look at what Anjali ji has sent for you."Garima said removing a packet from a drawer.

Khushi gazed at the beautiful dress and jewellery.
"Di sent this for me?"

"Di? Why are you calling her Di! Such adoration to people who are not even your family yet? They are forcing us and you are happily accepting this, that is good. Make new relations but don't forget us, Khushi." Garima scolded and went away.

The day Khushi had celebrated her birthday at the orphanage with Arnav and Anjali, Anjali had requested her to call her Di and Khushi had obliged to the sweet wish.

She turned towards her bed and looked at her phone which was vibrating. She scrunched her eyebrows on seeing the name of the person who was calling .

"NK?"

****************

Who is NK?