3.4; easy

day 4 - "We're roommates and we've barely interacted so far, but one night there's a thunderstorm and I'm a serious astraphobic and come into your room shaking because I don't know what else to do and you lull me to sleep by stroking my hair"

~~~~~

easy

Matteo can't really tell what wakes him up in the middle of the night. Was it a thunder or maybe the light on in the kitchen he can see, because he left the door of his bedroom open since it's been hot as fuck recently and the more air flow he can get the better. Anyway Lyra isn't really anywhere near him as she tends to, but maybe she is with Luna, who knows, his cat is a traveller since Luna moved in and he doesn't mind, but she is kinda scared of storms so he would love to have her here.

But the light is on in the kitchen, and despite the fact that he doesn't wanna, he needs to go and check on whoever (most likely Luna) has a problem over there. Maybe she is getting her night snack? Though, this would be weird, because she decided to stop with this habit. He knows that mostly from the sticker on the fridge she probably put it and he can't say he isn't proud of her.

Matteo gets up eventually with a heavy sigh and stretches himself yawning loudly. He leaves his room and finds Luna in the kitchen with Lyra sitting next to her on the counter while the Mexican girl is making some tea.

"Can't sleep?" he asks and regrets it immediately, because she jumps so much she almost throws her mug off the counter making Lyra meow.

"Jesus Christ Matteo Balsano don't you dare to scare me like that, please," she mumbles, trying to chill her breathing and closing her eyes for a moment. "Why are you here?"

"I would love to ask you the same question, did something happen?"

She hums playing with the spoon in the mug. "Not really, I just couldn't sleep. Now why you?"

Matteo hums caressing his jaw. "Something woke me up and I noticed light on, so I decided to check what's going on."

Luna nods, not saying anything else, just focuses on the electric kettle until it turns off. This is all kinds of weird for Luna, who is usually all bubbly and talkative while now she said nothing to make a conversation.

They aren't the best of friends, she actually isn't living with him that long, she needed a place to stay for now, because she decided she can't live with her best friend who keeps setting her up with every boy existing and mixing with her head while trying to give her some good advice. Matteo understands that it can be pretty annoying and Ambar said her cousin was looking for a place to live, actually a room, since she cant afford whole apartment. He actually needed someone to move in after Gaston gave up on Argentina and left to England without saying bye.

So Luna moved in with her mess and colorful stuff, leaving flowers everywhere and leaving books around. Surprisingly Matteo never minded that, she is still better than Gaston who kept telling him puns about every single thing in their apartment, and when at first it was just annoying, the puns itself, later it was too much the same jokes one by one and generally at the end Matteo wished him to choke on his dumb puns.

She is always in good mood, always singing something, and humming, dancing while cooking some basic shit, because for the love of the universe, she can't cook at all. But now, here he has her, looking around anxiously and biting on her lower lip as she is pouring the hot water into her mug.

"Hey, you," he murmurs and pokes her on the ribs when she puts the kettle away. "What is going on?"

She opens her mouth to say something, but another lightning blinks behind the curtains and her eyes shut close when she waits for the thunder to come. When it does she shivers and takes deep breath and Matteo guesses that she is scared of the thunder or something so he takes his arm around her shoulders. "Do you want me to stay with you here?"