Chapter 4: The Calm before the Storm

Moji was waiting for Sha Lin and Furia. She tossed Po-Li a treat. The two made their way toward the red leipori.

"You're alive," Moji commented whilst looking at the key sphere. "Did you miss us?" Sha Lin said jokingly.

"As if!" She scoffed. Furia placed the final key sphere down and the gate slowly moved apart. "Let's see what Valera was so desperate to get." A gauntlet was sticking out of piles of gold and dust. "A glove..." "Not just any glove, pirate ninja. The Warders glo- gauntlet contains great power." "We shouldn't waste any more time." Furia picked up the gauntlet, it was encased in amber. "Not in the mood to celebrate, Furia?" "We can celebrate on the ship." She responded sharply and began to head in the direction of the ship. "I agree with Furia, we should go. This place gives me the creeps." Moji and Po-Li followed after Furia.

Sha Lin began to follow them but stopped in his tracks when he noticed the angel sized dent in one of the walls. Several feathers were still there.

They got on the large boat. Furia placed the gauntlet in the middle of the boat. Once Sha Lin finally boarded the boat, the sailors cheered and celebrated. The captain of the ship shuffled over to Sha Lin. "I was worried that you three were taken by the Magistrate, you were gone for almost 3 days!"

"Three days?" Sha Lin looked at Moji for confirmation. She nodded. "You were out for a while." "Every time I help the Paladins, I pass out." Sha Lin thought to himself bitterly. "We got what we came for," Furia stated.

Sha Lin walked away, he glanced out to the sea, it was very peaceful for the archer. The serene forest of blue brought solace Sha Lin had not felt for a long time.

It reminded him of an elven woman he met. She could help people's state of mind, though their last interaction was long ago, a smile grew on his face thinking about her.

Furia walked up without Sha Lin noticing. "Wonderful isn't it?" She asked fondly. Sha Lin was startled but he hid it well. "Yeah, it is." Furia seemed relaxed, she wasn't wearing her armor anymore instead she wore a blue tunic and pants.

"It reminds me of when my sister and I would climb up the highest cliff and look at the sea. It seemed so far away then." Furia had tears running down her eyes.

Sha Lin had no intention of interrupting her but looked thoughtfully at the angel. Furia looked much less serious now, she just looked tired. That's something they had in common though.

"What happened to your sister?" Sha Lin asked curiously. Furia's grip on the ship's rail tightened. "The Abyss took her. Turned her into a vessel. You've had the misfortune of meeting her." Furia was staring at Sha Lin, waiting for his reaction.

He wasn't sure what to think until images of the woman pulling him into the darkness flashed in his mind. He gasped. Furia was not surprised but she sighed.

"Angels and demons are not created. They are made. Not all willingly." Sha Lin's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "I wasn't always an angel. The Pyre saved me from the Abyss when Seris was destroyed. Now my goal is to take down any hellspawn that may walk the realm."

"Then why are you here?" "Whether the Magistrate knows it or not, they aid the Abyss in their quest to control the Realm." Sha Lin was about to question Furia further but then he noticed a ship in the horizon. It was very far away but a cannon fired at them. "Watch out!" He pushed Furia out of the way as he was hit by the first cannonball. "Sha Lin!" Furia yelled as Sha Lin was knocked off of the ship.

The wicked laughter began once more.