Chapter|06

Wyatt

Wyatt

"You okay Wyatt?" Ian asked, he was now proudly fully mated.

We had been hunting, just some fun for the pack to welcome the newcomers. We went out and collected some deer, then it's roasted for everyone to enjoy.

Well last minute, a rogue had decided to make its way into our grounds. I was fully aware that it was because of the deer, the smell always brought the hungry wolves out of hiding and it was the main reason why we didn't have this ceremony often.

Only when we had a huge newcomer list, a small pack had merged into ours bringing about 200 hundred or so new wolves, about 15 were pregnant with pups and about half were mate less and hoping to find their other half in our big pack. We had to celebrate the new arrivals, the new warriors were being trained and had their first assignment to guard.

They did well and notified us the moment the caught smell of the rogue, I was very proud and filled with pride at the new recruits. I knew Ben had picked the best he could find to help out, I had the best pack I could ever ask for.

The moment we found out about the Rouge, Ian and I went to investigate—we tried to reason with the rogue but he ended up taking off. It wasn't until we heard breaks of a car that we took off running, I couldn't believe what I saw or the look in that man's face.

The man inside the car, he had this bold and untouchable look while tending to his child—who you could hear crying with heavy breathing, which I could easily contribute to Asthma. Yet besides that, all I noticed was the fact— there was no fear in his eyes. 

He stared the rogue dead in the eyes and even dared to try and startle it by jerking the car forward, people around here were terrified of the wolves—even the strongest men took off at first sit because of how intimidating we look, especially the rogues who have red eyes.

That's when it hit me, that he had to be a wolf as well—no normal man would act that way towards a wolf. Yet I didn't smell a wolf, all you could smell was the rogue, and the smell of his child and the child was definitely human. I couldn't tell if they were related without being able to smell his scent, but there was no doubt in my mind that they were.

There was this odd need to protect her, protect them from anything bad and that made me feel off.

"What's wrong?" Ian asked he was sitting at his desk glaring at the paperwork for the new arrivals.

"I think that the man in the car was a wolf, or at least knew about us." I said confused, this made no sense at all.

"Wait really?" Ian asked interested suddenly, was I the only one to notice these small factors.