Chapter|09

June 16th 2057

Carter

I was living in slow motion, it had only been a week since what happened with the rogues-Wyatt had pack warriors be called them surrounding my home for protection.

I looked around my home, I had been packing none stop-Ava was excited. I was surprised she was, I had finally shown her my wolf and all at the time I had felt was fear.

-2 days ago-

"Ava sweety? Daddy has something to tell you." I said softly, she looked up from her coloring books.

"We're moving." She said, I smiled and nodded but sat down next to her.

"Yes sweetie, but it's something else." I told her, she looked at me confused.

"What Daddy?" she asked, I smiled and took a deep breath.

"Remember when daddy got sick?" I asked her, she nodded looking at me with pure curiosity.

"Yes daddy, I remember." She said, I smiled at her.

"Well daddy turned into a wolf." I said, she looked at me immediately with confusion.

"Daddy is a dog?" She asked, I almost laughed at her expression-Mike was just chilling on the couch.

He was there just in case Ava's expression wasn't what we hoped for, my biggest fear was for my daughter to fear me. I couldn't have her living with a pack of wolves, knowing she was afraid-it'd tear me apart inside.

"Yes sweetie, would you like to see?" I asked, she nodded slowly.

"Yes daddy." She said, I smiled and stood up.

"You gotta close your eyes, no peeking till I tell you too." I said, she nodded and closed her eyes.

I removed my clothes in the kitchen and shifted, soon I was in front of her and I nudged her side gently. She opened her eyes in shock, and for a split second there was fear before it was replaced with realization.

"Daddy's a doggy." She whispered, she reached out and touched my nose and giggled.

"Daddy can't talk to you when he's like this Ava." Mike explained, she pouted and hugged me.

"I love you daddy, no matter what." She said, I wanted to cry right then and there.

After that we played outside, I stayed in wolf form so she would get used to it. Calvin enjoyed it the most, Ava knew almost immediately that Calvin wasn't me-but she kept playing and calling him daddy like it was nothing to her. She accepted it so easily and I knew deep down she was just like her mother, so easy to accept the unknown without a doubt. When I told her we were moving to a place with lots of wolves, she lost it with excitement-she couldn't wait to leave.