~одиннадцать-11~ (UPDATED 02/26/2022)

FANTASY

Why am I in the forest? I know I was in bed. Eva walked through a forest full of creepy sinister shadows. In the corner of her eyes, she saw movement. As soon as she turned to see what it was, the movement stopped. She was tired of going through the constant back and forward emotional, physical, and psychological bullshit that she had been enduring since she left the US.

Eva scanned the environment to find a way out. She noticed a trail and even though she had a desire to walk down it, something deeper told her not to go. Her eyes continued to seek more. There was a loud crash and suddenly, a bright light flashed in front of her.

"You can end this now." A Shadow swirled around her. It projected a sweet innocence, but there was an eerie underlying irk in the voice. There was an essence to it that chilled her soul.

"How is that?" Eva questioned it with noticeable apprehension. All she knew was that she needed to get out of this whole situation.

"If you allow a visitor to stay with you for just a little while, we can end this problem for you." The Shadow continued to swirl around her. It was cold and heavy. She shivered under the weight of its presence. The lure to accept the offer was enticing, but her gut told her not to do it.

"What visitor are you referencing?" She questioned.

"That's something minor which is of no consequence. The most important thing to focus on is that we can help you." Swirl. Swirl. Swirl. The more it swirled around her, the lighter her head became.

"Thank you for your offer. I really need help out of this situation." Eva mumbled quietly.

"So, what is your answer? Is it yes or no?" Swirl. Swirl. Swirl. Eva felt like she was floating. Something was clawing and pulling at her.

"My answer is... NO. GO TO HELL. DEMON!/ ITE AD INFEROS!"

Once the words were spoken, Eva snapped out of the dream.

"Eva are you okay?" Alpha whispered as she came to herself.

"What are you doing here?" She whispered back to him.

"Come on. Let's go." He eased her to a sitting position and handed her two pills. Eva's eyes scrunched up as she questioned what he was handing her.

"This is a painkiller. You'll need it, so we can make it out of here. Okay?" Alpha gently squeezed her hands as he assured her that everything would be fine. She nodded her head in agreement and took the pills. He handed her the water that was sitting on the nightstand. They took their time standing as he wrapped a heavy blanket around her.

The slow progression down the hall and then down the stairs took them out the back door. A black van with blacked-out windows was waiting for them. He eased her in the middle passenger seat and closed the door as he ran to jump into the front passenger seat.

"Поехали!/Go!" Alpha yelled at the driver. The pain that was coursing under her skin and scratching through her body began to slowly but surely disappear. Eva's eyes began to blink. Her eyelids felt heavy and grainy as she struggled to fight the sleep that was squeezing its way out of her. With a last-ditch effort, she tried to adjust herself in the seat.

She wasn't sure if it was day or night at that point.

Eva's eyes rested on him. Alpha's eyes were locked on her. Since she met him, she realized just how much he loved her for the first time. She gave him such a hard time and he was the person here, at this moment, saving her life.

She had lived for so long without anyone who genuinely loved her that she didn't even know what love was when it was offered to her. Something clicked in her heart for him at that moment as their eyes held one another.