Chapter 10

[A/N- Sorry it took me so long to update. I had terrible writer's block. And I'm trying the get ready for school. So i'm getting braces in a couple days... i may not be able to update with everything going on. But i promise you this story is not over yet.]

*Tris's POV*

As he walked away, I felt all feeling drained out of me. I felt so happy around him but now I just felt numb. I also had the strange urge to run after him and beg him to take me with him. But instead I just stood there and waved until he was out of sight.

I walked back into my house and went straight to my bedroom. Laying on my bed, I couldn't think of anything but Tobias. My heart was breaking as I watched him walk away again in my mind. The only reason I could stand it here for that night was him. Now that he was gone, I knew I was going to go crazy. 

My parents called me downstairs for lunch. I had to help my mother prepare it and get the table ready. I took a deep breath and walked downstairs quickly. 

After lunch, I was allowed to go outside and take a walk. My parents seemed to think it may help me if I saw something familiar. I met Susan right as I stepped out of my front door.

"Hello, Susan." I said, trying to be polite. I knew she stayed in Abnegation instead of tranferring so she was obviously meant to be here. It just seemed right to talk to her in a somewhat professional way. 

"Hi. Where are you headed?" She asked. It seemed like she was in a hurry so I told her about my walk and said a quick goodbye. I heard her sigh as she walked the opposite way. 

Was everyone else uncomfortable when I was here? Did they want me gone? I thought as I started my walk. 

I saw some familiar things such as the school and the factionless area. I recognized everything around the Abnegation compound. People everywhere I went were staring at me. I started to feel self conscious. It seemed like nobody wanted me here and that made me nervous. 

As I started to walk back to my house, another vision came to me. 

I was sitting in the same room as before. After I drank the strange liquid, my mind started going fuzzy. I was transported back to the cafeteria. But this time it was empty. 

I relived the entire Aptitude Test, or what I was pretty sure was my Aptitude Test. I felt energy goign through my body as I watched my life replay in my mind. 

After a few minutes, my eyes shot open. I looked around to see myself standing in the Abnegation Compound. I remembered that I was taking a walk and continued on my way home.

Right when I walked in the door, I smelled chicken. Had i really been walking for that long? 

I walked into the kitchen and helped my father cook our dinner. Once we finished he told me to go get my mother and tell her dinner was ready. We all sat down together and my parents started asking me questions.

"How was your walk?"

"Good."

"Have you gotten anymore of your memory back?" 

"Yeah."

"Where do you remember to?"

"The Aptitude Test."

It went on for almost 10 minutes of back and forth questions. I usually answered with short answers and my parents seemed to be getting annoyed. I was laughing on the inside at their frustration. 

They finally let me go up to my bedroom after we said goodnight. I got right into bed and fell almost instantly asleep. I didn't dream of anything even though I had terrible things to dream of. But I was somewhat grateful I hadn't had anything to make me feel worse in the morning.

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clack going off. That was the worst thing to hear at 6:30 in the morning. It was my turn to make breakfast for the family this morning so I had to get up early to get started. We usually ate around 8 o'clock and I still had a lot to do. 

After sitting down for breakfast, my parents told me they were both going to work. My mother had been staying home for the past few days to keep me company and make sure I was okay. Knowing they were both going back to work, I would probably have a few things to go do today. 

As they were leaving, they finally told me what I was waiting for.

"While we are gone, could you go give food to the factionless? There is a bag with bundles on the counter. Also you need to clean your room. Be sure to get your laundry done. And we really need some groceries. Could you go to the market and get everything on list? It's taped to the fridge. I love you, bye." 

I nodded along with her and rolled my eyes as she kissed my forehead and fumbled out the door. I smiled as I watched her walk down the street to her work. 

After about an hour, I decided I should go give food to the factionless. It was almost lunch time so I thought it would be a perfect time. 

I walked down towards the center of town. That's where most factionless people stay. I found a few on the way there and gave them one of the small bags from my backpack. It had some chicken, rice, corn, crackers and carrots. It would last them a few days because they usually only ate a tiny bit each day. 

Since I was near the market, I walked over there to get the groceries we needed. The list my mother made for me was really long and it took a while to find everything, even with people's help. I gathered all my bags after buying everything and walked back home. 

I put everything away and then went to my bedroom. I started picking up all the clothes and put them in the washing machine. Finally I finished cleaning up my room and went downstairs. My parents were supposed to be home any minute. 

When they finally came home, we all sat down for dinner. My father had made some lasagna and it was really good. They asked me some of the same questions as the night before. I answered in a little more detail and told them about the things I remembered today. 

There was the night after the aptitude test when I talked to my brother about our choices. And i also remembered the dreams I had that night. I dreamt about how my life would turn out in each of the 5 factions.

They seemed surprised I had already gotten my memory back up to there and told me I would probably be headed back to Dauntless in no time. 

I was up in the clouds as I walked to my bedroom later that night. All I could think about was when they said I would be headed back to Dauntless soon. I couldn't wait to go back to where I belonged. And see Tobias again. I realized now how much I actually missed him. 

(A/N- Hi again. Sorry again that it took so long for me to update. I really love writing this story and I hope you enjoy it too. I've been feeling really alone lately and kind of feel like a different person. Thank you all so so so much for reading, commenting and voting. I'm really trying to update as much as I can but sometimes I can't. Sorry for taking so long in updating.

I really need to feel like someone is there for me so if you want, comment below somehting nice for me to see. Thank you again or everything and I really do love you all more than you will ever know.

ps- 10 Chapters yayyyyy)