Chapter 5 - Guilt

Star's POV
I pulled Marco through the portal, when I reached the other side I screamed for help. I was inside Mewni, my home, the only place I could trust to not get attacked from.
"Star! What are you doing here?" I heard a familiar voice say. It was my mom. She looked at me then saw Marco and ran up to him, called some guards and doctors, and asked what happened. I explained for about 5 minutes before the doctors came in and took Marco to the hospital area. "Is he going to be okay?" I asked nervously. "He has some broken ribs, a broken nose, and will have some serious bruises around his face and body. Other than that he will be fine." When the doctor said that I was filled with relief but instant regret. I took him here, I wasnt there for him when he was there alone. It's all my fault. I felt dizzy and decided to sit down next to Marco. I cried for a while then fell asleep with my head on his chest.

When I woke up it was morning. Marco was still asleep. "Goodmorning Star..." said a faint and quiet voice. I looked around and saw Marco's eyes open, looking at me. "MARCO!" I screamed as I basically jumped onto him. "Ouch!!" Marco yelled in pain as I remember he had broken his ribs. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. I forgot, I'm sorry that this is all my fault. I brought you there, I wasnt there when you needed m-" "Star, it's not your fault. My job is to protect you, I am suppose to make sure nothing happens to you. I did my job. You're not hurt and everything is fine, I'll heal up eventually." He smiled gently at me and grabbed my hand. "Star. This isn't your fault. Just know that." "Okay..." I said still feeling guilty and putting on a fake smile. "Okay you need to go get some rest." "Okay, I'll talk to you later Star."