Kryptonite

A gasp would leave my lips when I saw her walk through the doors of Heartist High School every morning. She always does something different with herself. Whether it be her style or hair. One day it would be dark brown and long with ombré. Another it would be light brown with pastel green ends. Sometimes, she would wear something really girly and preppy, or really punk rockish.

She was always so kind to everyone. Even to the jerks who would break her heart. They would do horrible things to her. Like cheat on her or embarrass her, but she still killed them with kindness.

And I loved it. Every single bit of it.

I also loved how when I would always catch her look at me across the classroom. How she would look away really quick, biting her lip while a blush crept to her cheeks. I would just chuckle and shake my head.

My favorite thing about her over all has to be her laugh. In class or in the hallways, her friends would say or do to cause her to laugh. It was music to my ears. Her eyes would squint with a huge smile on her face, holding onto her stomach.

I don't even know her name and I still loved the littlest things about her.

I would talk to her, get to know her, take her on dates, kiss her, hug her, and make her laugh.

But, there's just one thing holding me back.

Our age gap.