Chapter 10: Reunion

I push the kid forward. He obviously can't process what's going on and the last thing we want is to fish a teenager out from under the city.

-Come on.

I nudge him again.

-We need to get off the docks before they turn them into a giant ramp.

-Off the what that turns into a giant what?

I get him under the archway that Garnet, and the other teenager are already under. We don't want to go too far, Eliom needs to take us to get our positions.

Once we're at the mouth of the small passage, I turn around and stand cross-armed. The docks turn unto a ramp and everyone drives on.

They all chain down the sand-mobiles and dust-haulers to the metal floor. Eliom spots us and starts to walk over.

I raise my hand just to make sure he notices us. The expression on his face goes from a smile to dead serious in a second. He signals for me to get out of the way with his hand.

I lean against the wall as fast as possible. Eliom points two fingers to our alley-way and flicks them to the side. I look back.

I catch a glimpse of a jet-black Elmunoid* figure shoot towards the wall and lose its shape. I look back at Eliom. I notice two shadows zoom across the floor and come to a sudden halt before his feet. He moves his fingers up and separates them. The shadows turn into the two teenagers.

Eliom grabs both of them and pulls them towards me.

-Nadir, keep a closer eye on these two. On our way here, the leader called. We're going to pick up Elaine and Naddie, then, you five get positioned.

-OK. What did they do?

-They tried to make a run for it.

-Oh.

He turns towards garnet, who is sitting on the ground and fiddling with some sort of gadget.

-Garnet.

Garnet snaps his head towards Eliom and stands up.

-What do you want me to do?

-You're in charge.

-What?

-While I'm gone. You're in charge while I take these three to the leader.

Garnet looks surprised.

-Oh. OK. I'll just.. um, go tell them what to do.

Garnet points to the crew out on the docks. Just as he passes under the arch he turns back around.

-What do I tell them to do?

-Here.

Eliom passes him a small folded piece of paper.

-This is what needs to get done today. Get as much as you can done. I'll take charge once I get back.

Garnet unfolds the paper. His eyes move down it pretty quickly.

-OK.

He turns around and leaves towards the rest of the crew. Eliom starts walking into the city. I wait for the teenagers to follow. They look at each other. Endros looks like he's about to explode. Oridion puts a hand on his shoulder and nods. Endros exhales and follows.