Silver

"Jimin, what are you doing?" Jungkook asks flatly. The pair have seen each other twice since they met. Both encounters Jimin insists were dates but Jungkook will deny it until death. But, Jungkook is more used to Jimin's presence. Even now, as Jimin stares at his neck with intensity.

"You don't have to wear all that," Jimin finally says. "The silver."

"I wear it in case you decide that you want a snack." Jungkook's blatancy is nothing new to Jimin. Still his implications are insulting.

"I not a rabid animal." Jimin frowns at the younger. "The metal is insulting."

"It's meant to be. I don't trust you."

Jimin chuckles slightly. He can't blame Jungkook, but he did hope that Jungkook would be able to sense that Jimin had no ill intentions. The vampire hasn't told Jungkook that they're mates yet. He'd like to say that he wants to woo Jungkook over without the mate bond's influence, but honestly he's terrified that the human will never speak to him again.

"I hope you at least trust me to protect you from everything else in the world," Jimin says.

Jungkook is silent for a moment as he takes in Jimin. The dark haired vampire has been nothing if not protective. Every time someone so much as looks at Jungkook, Jimin sends them a death glare in response. Even other vampires shy away from the pair. Jimin wants Jungkook for himself, whether to feed on or keep safe Jungkook hasn't decided.

"I think you'd protect me," Jungkook finally says. "But I still feel safer with it."

Jimin tries to hid his smirk. At least he's getting somewhere.

***

"I have something for you," Jimin announces. Jungkook raises an eyebrow. Jimin has been acting more and more excited every time he sees Jungkook. Jimin can't ignore the feeling of the bond between them strengthening, even if Jungkook can't feel it.

"What is it?" Jungkook hasn't even made it all the way out of his building's main door yet.

"I'll give it to you at dinner," Jimin says with glee. It had taken nearly a month to convince Jungkook to dinner. It isn't anything fancy, just a small noodle shop of Jungkook's choice, but Jimin couldn't be happier.

The vampire is practically skipping the entire way to dinner. He makes it clear that he is paying for the meal before they even order.

"So what do you have for me?" Jungkook asks.

"Ah." Jimin reaches into his pocket and pulls out a small box. He pops it open and holds it out for Jungkook to admire its content.

Jungkook is a little surprised. The silver cross is the last thing he expected. It will look beautiful hanging from the silver chain already around his neck, but he knows how much Jimin dislikes the metal. Especially on Jungkook.

"Do you like it?" Jimin asks anxiously. Jungkook realizes he has been silent and expressionless.

"It's gorgeous," Jungkook assures. He gently takes the box from Jimin, not feeling the sparks when their skin touches. "I'm just surprised."

"You said you feel safe with silver, and I want you to feel safe above anything else," Jimin explains. Jungkook looks up at Jimin and regrets it. The admiration Jimin has for Jungkook is undeniable. "The crucifix will keep away vampires and it's made of silver too. It's like a double hit."

"I thought you wanted me to stop wearing silver?" Jungkook says.

"No, I want you to trust me," Jimin says earnestly. Jungkook feels his stomach churn. He doesn't understand why Jimin makes him feel so strongly. "I'd put it on for you, but I don't much appreciate getting my hands burned."