Glass Heart

Short but more is coming soon! Happy New Year!

Jungkook may not be made of glass, but he thinks his heart is. The slightest movement may make it shatter. A single word could pierce it and kill him. That is why the rest him has to made of stone to protect it.

But, Hoseok was right. Jungkook can't keep waiting. As much as he would like to wait forever, to stay like he is now, Jimin and Taehyung don't deserve that. Jungkook can't do that to them.

So here he is, pacing around his own apartment, trying to gather up some nerve. Taehyung and Jimin are coming over again, nothing unusual, but Jungkook wants to change things. He is comfortable with what their relationship is, but there is the undeniable weight on his shoulders telling him that it can't stay like this forever. He has to force himself out of his comfort zone. Taehyung and Jimin can't do it for him. The two are too sweet to Jungkook. Too perfect to him. They won't even kiss Jungkook unless says it's okay.

Jungkook has to do this.

Taehyung is the first to come over. He uses his key to let himself in, and he pauses as he takes his shoes off. There's a sour smell in the air. He knows it's coming from Jungkook and it immediately upsets his wolf to know his mate is distressed.

"Jungkook-ah?" he calls. Jungkook creeps out of his room and into the living room, gnawing on his lip. "What has you so anxious?"

Jungkook doesn't answer. He only step up to Taehyung and kisses him deeply until the nerves melt away. Taehyung doesn't hesitate to wrap his arms around the younger and hold him close. This is enough for Jungkook. This feeling. Taehyung and Jimin make him feel safe and happy. They're his anchors to comfort. So yes, this is enough. But Jungkook has always been greedy. He wants more.

Taehyung licks his lower lip, eyes still shut, when Jungkook pulls away. He's a little breathless and slightly surprised. Jungkook usually doesn't jump him like this. It's hard for the alpha to refocus himself. His rut is coming soon and being around his mates always reminds him of it.

"Wh-" Taehyung licks his lips again. The taste of Jungkook lingers with him. "Are you okay?"

"Yes hyung," Jungkook assures. Taehyung can smell his natural vanilla scent recovering from the sour scent of anxiety. "I promise."

"Okay," Taehyung says. He trusts Jungkook. "Is Jiminie here yet?"

"Not yet," Jungkook answers. Taehyung's arm is still around his waist and one hand lingers on his hip. Jungkook swallows a lump in his throat. No matter how many days he spends with Taehyung, his beauty will always be breathtaking. "Are you hungry? I have dinner ready."

"I'm famished."

"Jiminie, come sit with us," Taehyung says when the vampire makes it to Jungkook's. Jimin smiles at them both before he jumps on to the couch, next to Jungkook. The youngest is trapped snugly between Taehyung and Jimin. Taehyung notices the faint smell of anxiety rising from Jungkook again. The youngest is acting as if he is focused on the movie, but Taehyung knows better. He isn't sure what to do, so he simply holds Jungkook's hand soothingly.

"Jungkookie?" Taehyung says. The younger looks at him. "Is something wrong?"

Just as quickly as his met Taehyung's, Jungkook eyes dart away. "No," he insists.

Jimin puts his arm around Jungkook and his eyes meet Taehyung's. They both worry about the human. They always do. But trying to force something out of Jungkook is more painful than a root canal.

"I... I did want to talk about something," Jungkook admits after a long moment.

"Anything you want to say, we'll listen," Jimin reminds him. His hands, cold as they are, provide Jungkook with comfort as they rub his arm.

Jungkook swallows. He's safe here, he reminds himself. He doesn't have to worry about anything. He's sitting between the two most amazing people in his life. He doesn't have to be nervous.

"I love you," he suddenly says. "Both of you."

Jimin kisses Jungkook's forehead and Taehyung kisses his cheek not a second after. "We love you too," Jimin says.

"Is that what you were worried about?" Taehyung asks. Jungkook shakes his head.

"No I-," Jungkook stops himself. He knows that if he opens his mouth it'll be real. But he wants it to be real. "I think I want... I want to, you know, be official. Like, mating mark and all."

"You want to mate with us?" Jimin asks in clarification. Jungkook nods and Taehyung jumps to press their lips together. Jungkook falls back and his head ends up in Jimin's lap as Taehyung looms over him. Jimin chuckles. "Easy puppy."

"I'm sorry," Taehyung says to Jungkook as he pulls back for a moment. "I just- I got excited. You really want to?"

"Yeah," Jungkook says with another nod. "I do."

"God, I love you," Taehyung breaths. He attacks Jungkook lips again, and a hand trails up Jimin's thigh to grip the other mate lovingly. He's so deeply committed to both of them, he doesn't think he can ever be away from them. He knows after they mate he won't let either of them out of his sight for days. "My rut's coming up. Do you want to do it during that?"

"Might as well," Jungkook says. Jimin nods in agreement.

"Perfect," Taehyung mutters. His wolf is howling on the inside. He's never been good at keeping his hands off his mates, but he suddenly thinks he may die if he can't have them. "Can I make love to you? Please? I need you both."

"Insatiable," Jimin teases with an eye roll. He reaches out to pet Taehyung's hair gently. "Let's not defile Jungkook's couch."

Taehyung nods against Jungkook before he forces himself to get up and drags his mates to the bedroom. He doesn't think he's ever been happier.