Chapter 1

Tony sat on the roof of a building, listening for criminals with the suit's hearing enhancers. He heard a scream in the distance and jumped off the roof, the badly-made jets in the suit's feet sputtering on just before he would've hit the pavement. He flew in the direction of the scream, someone walking down the street below him gasping excitedly and recording him with their phone. He waved at them.

He got to the location of where the scream was and found a woman, clearly drunk, pointing a gun at a man who was cowering against the wall. Tony landed next to them, the woman hearing him and pointing the gun in his direction instead.

"You shouldn't point guns at people. Y'know, it's not very nice." Joked Tony, shooting a taser beam at the woman's legs. She dropped the gun and fell over, passing out from the electricity. Pressing a button on the screen built into the arm of the suit, Tony called the police using a voice modifier and told them to come pick this lady up.

"You good? Yeah, you're good. Go home." Tony addressed the now slightly less terrified man who nodded and uttered a quick thanks before running off. After standing around for a few seconds while the suit recharged itself after the taser blast, Tony realized he should probably get home now before his dad noticed he was gone. Normally patrol was longer because Howard usually worked night shifts, but he took an earlier shift and was definitely home by now. And if he checked to see if Tony was home or not and found out he wasn't, he would be livid.

The thought of his dad getting angry made Tony's heart race. The suit's GUI display turned red instead of blue and started beeping to alert Tony to his elevated heart rate. He calmed down a bit and flew into the sky, heading towards the apartment. He let out a cheer when the jets failed for a second and he dropped a few feet before the jets came back on, flying him back to his original height. He was grinning behind the faceplate and he did a roll in the air, stumbling to a stop on the roof next to his apartment.

He took off his faceplate and pressed a button on the inside of the helmet which disconnected the suit's pieces from each other, a few of them clattering onto the ground. He pulled the rest off, stretching his legs because the suit sort of cut off the blood flow to them. He took the suit's pieces and assembled them into a block, which he specially designed the suit to build into.

He picked up the cube and used the attached backpack straps (which were annoying to have inside the suit when he was actually wearing it) and put the cube on his back. Taking a deep breath and walking backwards a few steps, he took a running start and leapt onto the fire escape, his shoes making a loud clank against the metal.

He climbed up the stairs and slid his window open, climbing inside quietly and closing the window behind him.

"What the fuck?" Yelled his father behind him. He froze, closing his eyes. Maybe he just imagined it.

"Turn around." Howard commanded. Tony sighed and nervously turned to face his father.

"Hey, Dad. Funny story, I-I was just-" Tony was cut off by a slap to his face. He stumbled backwards a bit.

"I get home after a long day and find out you've been sneaking out every night? And according to that disassembled metal costume on your back, you've been out fighting people!" Howard yelled at him. Tony wiped tears from his eyes.

"They're bad people! I stopped an ATM robbery yesterday!" He retaliated, running a hand through his hair and trying to keep his breathing steady.

"What about the news? 'Iron Man strikes again, starts another fire!' What's that about, Anthony? You're a criminal! You help nobody!" Howard argued back, grabbing the nearest object, which was Tony's heavy junior science award, and hitting his son with it after every word of the last sentence. Tony tensed up but didn't defend himself; that usually made things worse. He just sort of endured it, trying not to cry more.

"If you wanna be a so-called hero, get out of my house!" Howard finally yelled after many insults about Tony. Tony grabbed his cell phone from his nightstand and climbed back onto the fire escape, Howard slamming and locking the window behind him.

He had nobody to call except one peeson he thought of as a father figure, the person who offered him a new high-tech Iron Man suit once but got turned down because Tony had too much pride to take it.

Genius billionaire Peter Parker.

He pulled out his phone and opened contacts, hesitating for a second before pressing call.

"What's up, kid?"

[A/N: oh my god i'm so excited for this series because i get to have teenage tony make depressed gen z™ jokes and also peter making dumb dad jokes and uhhh i love this so much]