Chapter 5

Tony wiped the tears off his face but he still couldn't stop crying. He didn't want to wake anyone up because they would ask him what's wrong.

So he left the room, hopping over a creaky floorboard and heading towards the room which was now his permanently. He sighed and flopped onto the bed, tossing his phone absentmindedly in the direction of his pillow. It bounced off and hit the floor. He didn't care. Dad would but him a new one.

Wait. No, he wouldn't.

He let out a sob, finally. He felt so lonely and sad. How could his own father hate him for trying to do something good? It was ridiculous and he couldn't understand the reasoning behind it.

He hadn't realized, but he was still crying. Rolling onto his back so he could breathe without inhaling blankets, he stared at the ceiling, tears sort of staying in his eyes instead of falling.

"Hey kid, you okay?" Peter asked, dropping down from the ceiling in the doorway. Tony quickly sat up and wiped his eyes with his sleeve.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine. Why do you ask?" He half-smiled reassuringly, sniffling.

"Because you're crying alone in your room. You thought I wouldn't hear you leave but I did. Super hearing, remember?" Peter laughed nervously, trying to lighten the mood a bit. He was uncomfortable with emotions.

Tony smiled a bit, a lie to make the situation feel less awkward and depressing.

"But seriously, what's wrong? I'm not leaving 'til you tell me." Peter asked, sitting down next to Tony on the bed, putting a hand on his head and playing with his hair.

Tony didn't say anything, just unlocked his phone and handed it to Peter. There was new texts, even worse than the ones Tony had read before.

Peter read the texts and felt like he needed to go immediately throw Howard out of a tenth story window, but he didn't move. He didn't know how a parent could say such horrible things about their own kid.

Especially when that kid was Tony. The smartest, nicest, bravest kid in all of New York and probably the world.

Peter clenched his fists in anger and only realized he was doing it when the sides of Tony's phone started to crack and the screen dimmed on one side. He handed the phone back to Tony awkwardly.

"That's really messed up, kid. I'll talk to him and see if he'll listen to the most powerful guy in the world, which is me. And until then, you can still stay here. Sorry about the phone. I'll buy you a new one tomorrow." Peter apologized slightly awkwardly. Tony looked at him suspiciously, not believing that he would just "talk" to Howard. But he didn't say anything about his suspicions.

"Thanks. Can you leave? I wanna get some sleep." He said, genuinely feeling better and actually tired. Peter nodded and left, closing the door behind him.

Tony threw his phone across the room tiredly, not caring about it anymore now that it was broken, and crawled under the blankets.

He didn't feel sad anymore. Actually, he didn't feel much of anything right now.

That was new.

[A/N: the next chapter will be better i promise uhhh and i'm introducing y'all to Tony's friends next chapter!!! get ready y'all!!! Also please comment feedback it makes me happy]