Chapter 2

Tony was sitting on the curb in front of his apartment building when Peter pulled up in his least fancy car, which was still way more expensive than the average person would have. He rolled down the window and waved at Tony.

"Hey, Tony. You uh- you wanna come hang out at the tower? Get in, you're gonna catch a cold." He exclaimed, looking at Tony with worry. Tony got up and got in the passenger seat next to Peter, holding the cube of disassembled Iron Man suit like he would die if he let go of it.

"So, what happened, exactly? Y-You seem pretty upset." Peter asked, pulling a U-Turn and starting to drive in the general route that would take them to the tower. Tony sighed.

"Well, my dad found out about Iron Man," Tony started, nervously fiddling with his hands, "and then he got mad and hit me? Like, you know he hits me when he gets mad and I usually deserve it 'cause I mess up, but this time he was- was wrong so I tried arguing and he told me to leave. So here we are."

Peter was furious. Definitely not at Tony, no, but at Howard. What kind of father hits their kid for being a good person who saves lives? Not a good father, that's for sure. Honestly, only bad fathers hit their kids.

"He shouldn't have hit you. You're gonna stay at the tower with me for a while, and don't- don't try and get out of it, you already stay there a lot so your room is set up. You can stay for as long as you want." Peter said, reaching over to ruffle Tony's hair and pretending to ignore the way the flinched when Peter's hand got near.

[Time Skip to the tower brought to you by Loki, an important character later in this book!]

Once they got to the tower, Peter noticed that Tony had fallen asleep, still clinging to the Iron Man suit cube and using it as a pillow. It was kinda cute, but more sad once you notice the handprint-shaped mark still left on his cheek.

"Tony, we're here. C'mon, don't make me carry you." Peter sighed, lightly prodding Tony's shoulder. Tony mumbled something incoherently and stayed fast asleep. Peter sighed and walked around the car, opening the door and easily scooping Tony up into his arms. He wore the cubed Iron Man suit as a backpack and carried Tony the way a Good Parent™ would carry their kid after they fell asleep in the car.

He carried Tony into the tower and ignored the weird looks from the people in the lobby, taking the elevator straight to the residential floor and taking Tony to his room, which had a decal of the Iron Man mask on the door. He put Tony on the bed and put the cube suit on the ground, smiling a bit at seeing Tony so peaceful despite what he had been through literally an hour and a half ago.

Peter closed the room's door behind him and told Connor, the tower's AI, to call him if Tony needed anything. He headed up to the Hangout Floor™ and found the other Avengers hanging out in the living room.

MJ was sitting on the couch and watching a documentary called 'The History Of Captain America' and pointing out any mistakes about her life.

Flash, wearing a T-Shirt that says 'Nobody Ever Says "Help, Hawkeye!"' on it, was playing Monopoly against Harry, and Gwen. Gwen had a pin on that said 'Most Important Member Of Spider Hero Club' on it. It wasn't true, she was not the most important spider-themed hero, but she liked to joke that she was.

Harry was holding Thor's hammer, which he acquired like 4 months ago by doing a random good deed and being deemed worthy, receiving the hammer and power of Thor.

And then there was Ned, who was sitting and reading a book.

Oh, and Karen. Basically Vision but, well, Karen.

"Hey guys." Peter said, flopping into the armchair. Everyone except Harry, Flash, and Gwen looked up at him. They were too busy watching nervously to see if Flash would land on Park Place, since he had Boardwalk already. He missed by one square.

"Hey Peter, you seem tired and you left in a hurry. What's goin' on?" MJ asked curiously, pausing her documentary.

"So, y'know that Iron Man kid? Yeah, his dad beat him up so he's staying here and I'm probably adopting him." Peter said bluntly, sighing again.

"You're what?" Flash asked, doing his best over-the-top confused face.

"Adopting the kid. Like, legally. He's great. And I can ask him about memes." Peter responded calmly.

Nobody argued with that. They had the personalities of Meme Teens™ anyways for some odd reason probably involving Alternate Universes, so anything involving memes was an automatic yeet. Yeet meaning yes, of course.

[A/N: woo yup Peter's various friends/honestly just classmates from different universes are the Avengers!
Flash = Hawkeye
Gwen = Black Widow
Ned = Hulk
Harry = Thor
MJ = Captain America
Karen = Vision (because i wanted an excuse to make the Connor AI joke so why not turn Karen into the new Jarvis)

yeet that's it bye]