43

Bestfriend
-by shisogeim

Jennie was jealous.

The water droplets hit the car she was sitting in. She wasn't doing anything, as far as everyone could tell. It seemed as if she couldn't or wouldn't want to do anything but sit in the car and watch the rain splatter the windows.

She see the way they looked at each other. She know, She know She'll never be good enough.

Another drop, this time inside. She was crying and couldn't do anything to stop the water works. She stared blankly at the front windshield, her tears rolling silently down her face.

He didn't deserve this, but . . . She do. She deserve losing him.

Resting her head against the head rest of the driver's seat, she wiped away her tears angrily, taking in slow, deep breathes.

"I'm sorry, Jennie. I loved you."

That was the last she had heard of Jimin. Staring into the rearview mirror, she placed a lock of her brown hair back behind her ear, her hazel eyes were bloodshot, and her nose a little pink, but she smiled at herself.

Her phone vibrated against her lap, startling her for a second. A message from her bestfriend,

YG: Jen, hurry up. I'm gonna start the movie without you.

JN: Shut up. I'm outside.

YG : You shut up.

She rolled her eyes at her friend's childish antics before grabbing her umbrella from the passenger's seat. She got out of the car and made her way slowly to his house.

Her phone vibrated once more,

YG : Hurry up you turtle.

She looked up to find Yoongi staring at her from his window. She shook her head and flicked him off.

YG : Fuckin rude, I'm locking you out.

As she knocked on his door, Yoongi stuck his face out.

"What's the password?"

"I'm soaking wet and ready to have a breakdown." Jennie stated. Yoongi's face was almost comical as he opened the door and let Jennie in.

"Geez, try cheering up." Jennie gave him a death glare. "Fine, fiiiiine. Be emo all you want. I'm watching the movie."

Yoongi walked away from Jennie, leaving her alone in the hallway. Jennie hugged her arms close to herself and bit her bottom lip to stop herself from crying.

"Are you coming or not?" Yoongi shouted from the living room. Jennie took a deep breath and walked down the hall quietly, however, when she turned the corner to the living room, Yoongi wasn't there.

She balled her hands into fists, pulling her sweater closer to herself. A pair of hands closed themselves over her face, covering her eyes.

She startled a bit as she heard Yoongi's voice right next to her ear. His voice, a deep whisper in the dark, managed to send chills down her spine.

"Jennie. . . I'm sorry. I know you've been going through a lot lately with what happened with Jimin but," he gave a small chuckle, "I'm not sorry about the way I've been acting."

She put her hands over his, trying to pry his fingers off. However, he just continued talking and started leading her somewhere else.

"I don't know how to tell you this," she could feel his smile against her ear, "you know I've never been good with words.

But. . . Jimin cheating on you, it made me realize, that after all we've been through together as friends. . . has ultimately led to this moment."

She was confused. Yoongi wasn't making sense. Their friendship... had led to what exactly?

He sat her down on a chair and let go of her face. He was crouching down on his knees, looking up at Jennie with a mixture of sadness and something else that she couldn't place.

"Jennie, I am in love with you. I know this isn't the best time because of recent events, but, I just want you to know that you'll always have me as a friend. Afterall, their isn't a "best" in boyfriend. I'd just rather be your bestfriend." He stood up and turned the chair around.

She was now facing Yoongi's bed.

On top of it were a couple of blankets and some of Yoongi's stuffed bears. Beside the bed was a small table with 2 mugs and some candy. Yoongi grabbed her hand and led her to the bed, wrapping one of the blankets around her. He sat down next to her with his own blanket, and handed her a mug which had some hot chocolate.

Jennie didn't know how to feel, part of her wanted to cry because she missed Jimin, and part of her wanted to forget him and spend her afternoon with Yoongi like she had done so many times before.

She relaxed against Yoongi, for a moment letting go of all the anger and pain she felt inside and enjoying the moment. She realized that what she needed was right in front of her. . . someone who cared about her, someone who supported her through the best and worst. . . she needed Yoongi.

The afternoon wasted away with peppermint candies, hot chocolate, and random thoughts while watching the rain outside.

••••••••••

So, you can DM me if you want me to share your written yoonnie fanfic! I will be glad to share it!! Thanks shisogeim baby, this story is cute.