PART 07

Lawn;

While walking;

Om: Yar Koi baat kr lo. Mai bore horha hoon.

Gauri: Mai kia baat kroon ?

Om: Yaar kch bhi bol lo.. Hobbies bata do, mh ce kch puch lo. Koi favourite drama movie,dish. Kch bhi..

Gauri: Ap.. Ap ny kia parha hai? Matlb apki qualification?

She asked hesitantly. He looked at her.

Om: MBA..

He gave a short to the point answer.

Gauri: Kahan ce?

Om: Aur yeh tum kyun puch rahi ho?

She couldn't tell him. She wanted to know his qualification because she knew he was not an ordinary person. According to her mother,Tej Oberoi could not see a person around him below his level. And this man ,the bussiness partner of Tej obviously would have great qualities and qualification.

Gauri: Mjy aisa lga ap ny kafi achi university ce parha hoga. Is lye..

Om: University of Warwick ce..!

She was expecting some institution like that only. She had heard it's name. The university was probably in England. She could not hide her expressions.

Gauri: Aur?

Om: Aur kia?

He looked at her surprised.

Om: Bhae mai Tej Uncle ki trha qaabil nahi hoon. Agr tm smjh rhi ho unki trha mai ny bhi PhD wagaira kr rakhi hai to afsos k yeh srf tmhra khayal hy. Aisi koi Qualification mery pas nahi..

This was new addition to her knowledge about his dad Tej Sharma.
Disappointment was visible at her face. Would Tej accept her with her abilities and Qualification? Gauri thought.

Om: Vaisy mai ny Howard ce marketing mai post graduate diploma kia hua hai,aur kch Courses.
PhD ka soch rha hon. Pr time e nai mil rha.. Ab dekho,kia hota hai..

She was looking at him and feeling herself illiterate in front of him. She was immediately feeling her self inferior to them.

Om: Chup kyun ho gaen yar? Kch aur pucho?

She was still looking up at him.

Om: Acha chalo,mai hi puch lyta hoon. Tm agy kia prhna chahti ho?

Gauri: Kabhi.. Kabhi socha nai hai.

She replied hardly controlling her tears from flowing. He had probably seen tears in her eyes.

Om (changing the topic): Virat Kohli ziada pasnd hai ya AB devillers?

Gauri: Ji?

Om: Hmmm???

Gauri: Mein.. Mein cricket nai dekhti..

She was confused when he changed the topic like that.

Om: Chalo phr movies ya dramy to dekhti ho gi.. Ao vahan baithty hain,phr mjy story sunao. Mjy to time e ni milta..

He said pointing towards the bench. And they went towards it.

Gauri went to her room early that day.
She woke up sweating when she saw those kinds of dreams. Tej oberoi was not accepting her. She was crying asking him where would she go. Her mother was requesting Tej to allow her to live with him.
She was feeling suffocated in the room so she went out.
Dadi had already gone to sleep. And Omkara was out.

The silence in the home was killing her. She went and turned on the TV. But she was not watching. She was in her own world when she heard his voice.