Chapter 2

Rose POV*

I opened my eyes slowly upon waking up, and almost screamed. Someone was in my bed. Someone had their arms around me. Then I remembered everything. I relaxed, remembering it was only Blaze. Blaze, who had seemed so...alluring.

He was still asleep. He looked peaceful, completely at ease. Unable to resist, I reached one finger out and lightly stroked his cheek. His eyes snapped open and I froze.

"Uh, sorry." I muttered.

He said nothing, simply smirked and sat up. I sat up too and said, "I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but seeing as you 'own' me now, isn't it...weird to let me sleep in your bed."

"Well," he said, "As I've mentioned before, I don't believe in slavery. So, I was hoping we could be...friends...instead." he said.

Hmm, friends who sleep in eachother's beds? "Okay." I said gratefully. I could only only imagine if Tristen had given me to someone terrible, or even kept me for himself. No, no, I was very lucky to have been given to Blaze.

"I'm guessing your hungry?" he said.

"Yeah, actually." I said smiling.

"Ok. Would you like breakfast sent up, or shall we go get it?" he asked.

"Uh, let's go get it. I want to see more of this place." I said. So far I'd only seen this room and the lobby and if I was gonna be here for a while...well, for forever, then I want to see this place.

"Okay." he said. I stood up and walked toward the door when he cleared his throat, stopping me. I turned and he raised an eyebrow and said, "You may want to put some clothes on. The maids have brought some. They'll be in that closet." he pointed towards a door near the back of the room. I blushed and nodded, walking over towards it.

I opened the door and gasped. The closet was nearly as large as the room. Yeah there certainly were 'some' clothes. More like way more than I ever had before. I walked down the aisles and selected a knee length, flowy white skirt and a pale green tank top. I pulled on some white flats, and walked over to a mirror wear make-up was neatly lined up on a counter. I put on some mascara and settled with that.

I walked and saw Blaze leaning against the wall, wearing dark jeans and black shirt. "Let's go." he said, taking my hand and leading me out of the door.

We walked down a long hallway that had so many doors I lost count. "Does anyone else live here?" I asked him.

"My parents, my two brothers, and my sister. Also we have cousins that come and stay periodically, Tristen being one of them." he said.

I nodded and we kept walking. We walked down two flights if stairs, and down another hallway until he stopped short at a door. He pulled it open and froze for a second. He turned to me and said, "It looks like you're going to be meeting my brother, Julian."

"Cool." I said.

"Not exactly." he muttered, "Julian is...well, you'll see. Just be careful, ok?" he said the last part pleadingly.

"Sure." I said, perplexed.

We walked in and I looked around. There was a tall, metal fridge and two stoves. To the right was a medium sized table. I guessed from the size that this wasn't the main kitchen.

Then I noticed the guy. He had the same dark eyes as Blaze, but instead of midnight black hair, his was dirty blond. And he was staring directly at me, one eye brow raised.

"Well, well, well, where have you been keeping her?" he said, "And you told me you wouldn't keep humans for snacks."

"She is not a snack," Blaze snapped, "not to me or anyone in this house."