✧ 12 ✧

{fawn}

I wandered off to the bathroom, Chai's voice still clear in my head. I was just getting more and more confused. I didn't belong here, and whatever was in my mind knew it. I needed to leave, go, flee back to Sacremento, cutting my dream of exploring off short, but if I'm four days in and already insane and if that's not a sign, I don't know what is.

Luke's shirt still smelt of his cologne, and the towel that I got off the floor had little dust bunnies sticking to it, but I didn't care. I was too out of it. Chai's voice had left me as soon as Luke grabbed my hand, but that just brought me to believe that this was another supernatural happening that was ruining my life.

I stripped down after closing the wooden door that Luke had to get fixed after breaking it down the other night. Turning on the water, I stared my my scars in the small mirror hanging opposite of the door. The pink one was turning slowly into white, which made me a bit more relieved, but still these were flaws and stories that I couldn't leave. Stepping into the warm water, I just stood there, steadily turning the heat up to the point where I couldn't stand it and it was burning my skin.

But maybe that was what I wanted. For myself to get hurt. To die so I didn't expierence more. When those horrid thoughts come in though, Belle's voice always rings in my brain:

Don't make a stupid desicion, Fawn. You have been through way to much to quit now.

I would always just shrug off the comment, mention something about the algebra homework for that day, but Belle's eyes would always stay cold and watch my every move. Soon, I grabbed whatever product was on the side of the shower, washing myself and standing, listening the water plummet down on my skin.

It was strange. When Luke first explained to me everything about me being his mate, I thought everything was going to be normalish. But now I see that every thing is not normalish and things seem to be getting worse. Luke's claimed love to me the smallest of my problems, when truthfully, I wanted it to be the biggest.

Putting my hand to my heart, I felt every beat it produced and imagined the blood pumping through my body. Imagined Luke easily sucking all that blood right out and leaving me dry. I was convinced that Luke would do that when he first bit me, but now I see, he's been restraining himself.

I stepped away from the water and looked at the bandaid that Ashton had given me a few days before. It was newer than a few days, though, so that led me to believe Luke had taken my blood once again, probably while I was passed out or sleeping. I closed my eyes and listened. To my heart beat, the water falling, the door opening?

I was past the point of feeling self conscience around them, in fact I was completely fine with them seeing me because they had seen my scars, and they have all probably seen a naked girl before. Still, I got a bit flustered and turned the water off, grabbing the towel hanging on the side of the wall and wrapping it around me. I prepared myself to see Luke, pushing my hair from out of my face and slidding the curtain open. Sure enough, there was the black clad boy fiddling his thumbs and shaking his head.

"Luke?" his head shot upward and eyes widened. I furrowed my brow at him and studied his reserved movements.

"Oh, uh, sorry. I just thought I should check on you."

"While I was in the shower?" I replied, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Mikey suggested it . . ." I raised my eyebrows higher as we stood there, him staring at me, his eyes slowly getting darker. Me staring at him, feeling slightly more uncomfortable and less confident then I had felt before.

"Well I need to change . . . so could you, um, leave."

"I really don't think that's a good idea, Fawn. I'm really worried about you. You're not yourself."

"Luke, this really isn't the time."

"Why don't I know anything about you? Why did you never take the liberty of telling me?" he asked, his eyes confused, almost concerned.

"I don't know, I just," I stopped myself and stared at him, "why didn't I take the liberty of telling you? You kidnapped me, Luke!"

"I know, and I'm really sorry for that, but I just need to know you, the real you. I know absolutely nothing, and I love you . . . isn't that a bit strange?"

"It's extremely strange, so is this situation," I moved one of my hands back and forth between us, the other still holding the towel. I watched as his eyes lowered from mine to my neck, to my wrist. I became suddenly very aware of the water dripping down my body and the heat from the condesation in the room.

His Adam's apple bobbed up and down nervously, his nostrils flaring with deep intakes of air. Luke's eyes were growing that idigo color, soon to be black, but they didn't make it that far, when Michael bursted into the bathroom.