Hoseok's Ending

She was a swan.

A stubborn, clunky swan... but a swan, nonetheless.

I sipped champagne, watching her glide across the ballroom. Tonight she would go from being Y/N to Her Highness.

And she didn't need me anymore.

"Everything well, Hoseok?"

I jumped. "Don't sneak up on me, Jin."

He chuckled. "Sorry. I forgot you scare easily. What were you staring at?"

I didn't answer. Jin figured it out anyways.

"I never thanked you for that night," he said. "If it weren't for you, I wouldn't have made it in time. I'm forever in your debt. Name anything you want, and you can have it."

I looked between him and Y/N.

"There's nothing I can ask for," I replied.

He paused as I finished my drink. I felt his hand come to my shoulder.

"Go dance with her," he said. "I know you'll miss her."

I rolled my eyes. "Miss what, exactly? Her scowl? Or her attitude problem? The way she constantly kicks me and steps on my feet?"

"I think you'll miss everything." he said. "And if I've been paying attention correctly, she'll miss you too."

He nodded to her and smiled, leaving me by myself.

Well, I supposed I should have one last dance. It was the best way to say goodbye.

When I approached her, she turned. Her smile made my heart pound in my throat.

"I believe with all the work I've put into you, I should be allowed the first dance." I said.

"You want to be the first?" she asked, taking my hand.

"It's out of both pride and time restraints." I replied. I brought her in close to me. "I have to leave early to pack."

Her smile fell. "Pack?"

"I'm leaving in the morning. I have a job for the next six months with a private academy."

She frowned. "But... will I see you again?"

"It'll be awhile. I can't really make visits." Her face matted into a thousand lines. I tried not to smile. "Just promise to miss me a little bit, yes?"

I smiled at her. She smiled back, relaxing in my arms and following my lead. For the first time ever, probably. But most certainly for the last time.

I'll take this dance with me... But that's all I can take.

~~~~~~

I left the ballroom and headed back towards my room. I could still feel her on my hands. I wish I could forget how she felt.

"Nice dance," a voice said behind me.

I jumped. "What is it with your family and sneaking up on me?"

Jungkook giggled and shrugged. "Sorry. I hear you're leaving?"

I nodded. "What's it to you?"

"Me? Not much. I'll miss you, Hobi, but I know you'll come back. I'm worried about her though."

"Her?"

"Y/N. Are you just going to leave it like this?"

I scoffed. "Leave it like what? She'll have a very happy life with your brother."