Ch 4 - Music to My Ears

"Try to hold a conversation while dancing," I said.

Let's see her pull this off. If she wanted to make it difficult, I could return the favor. It was least I could do for the bruised shin and foot I now had thanks to her.

She glanced at me before turning her face back to Jungkook. She didn't seem comfortable with him either. She needed to relax her shoulders. She was still stiff, her knees barely bending.

God, this was going to be a nightmare. As if I didn't have enough to take care of. My competition was in less than two months. I needed to focus on my own projects. 

Yet, somehow, I had been entrusted the task of turning this giraffe into a swan.

I could have turned Jin down - I knew that - but at the same time, I owed Jin and Namjoon everything. Especially when I lost myself to that horrible addiction...

...well, nevermind thinking about that now.

Jungkook brought her in closer. Like any girl would, Y/N turned into a flustered mess. Naturally. What girl could resist the handsome prince? That's what fairy tales were made of.

How dull. Was every girl this boring?

After a bit of dancing, she said something to him that suddenly made him drop his hands and glared at her. She froze.

"Is there a problem, Jungkook?" I asked.

He flipped to his usual arrogant smirk. His smile was almost as empty as his brain.

"I'm done for the day," he said. "I'll see you all later."

He walked off, leaving Y/N to herself. She stared at the ground, probably embarrassed about something. Poor, stupid girl. She would probably kick me again if I tried to finish the dance with her. Maybe I could say something...? No, screw it. It wasn't my problem if she was embarrassed.

No caring, Hoseok.

"Not a problem," I said. "I've seen all I need to see anyways. You have no natural talent, but with a few lessons, I can maybe get the basics in you."

Her eyebrows matted together. She should have thanked me, but she didn't.

I stepped in front of her, not getting close enough for her to kick me. Instead, I mirrored her, staying about two feet away.

"Now, I want you to follow my lead. You're not particularly good at that, so pay attention."

"Could you not be a jerk for two seconds?"

"No. I've put too much work into being a jerk. I won't ruin my reputation now."

I gave her a fake grin.

"Now," I said, "start with your right foot..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An hour later, my head was throbbing. How could one woman be so much work?

"She'll need lessons practically every day at this rate," I told Taehyung.

"She already has enough stress, Hoseok. Don't make it worse for her."

"Worse for her? I have enough work to do. I didn't sign up for beginner's class."

"But, you did sign up for the job," he replied. "You should do your best, right?"

I sighed. Taehyung was soft, but he had this annoying habit of being right. It's not like I could turn down the king. And she was a princess, even if she was completely incomp--