06

"And I'll have the Fettuccine Alfredo please," Ace told the waiter what he wanted in an awful Italian accent. The waitress giggled, cringed and wrote his order down on her notepad.

"And you sir, what would you like to order?" The waitress looked over at 2D, who's face was plunged into the menu,

"I think I'll just have spaghetti and meatballs. But only three meatballs, cause I can't eat more than three. And I'll also have a can of Coca-Cola, but with a straw, because it kinda hurts when I put my mouth on the metal opening." 2D ranted. The waitress scribbled 2D's order down and sighed. "I don't want too much spaghetti or pesto though. Maybe half and half."

"No problem. Two Capellini Pomodoros, one Fettuccine Alfredo, a plate of spaghetti and meatballs, a coke, and three glasses of wine coming right up!" While the waitress walked away she looked over at Ace and winked at him, it made him chuckle a bit. 2D eyed the girl and crossed his arms, unaware that people were watching him.

"Someone looks jealous," Noodle teased. 2D violently turned his face over to Noodle.

"What! No! What, why would I be jealous? I just... Didn't like the way she took my order. She made me sound like a child." 

Russel and Noodle looked at each other and started laughing. 2D didn't comprehend why they were laughing. He looked around trying to find the source of all the commotion but he didn't find anything. The two just laughed even louder and harder. He looked at him and then pointed to himself and they nodded.

"Me? What's so funny about me?" He asked, puzzled.

Noodle stopped in mid laughter and took a big breath in. "2D you are just too much. I'm so lucky to have known you all these years." She snorted. 2D looked over at Ace, who was on his phone. When he noticed that 2D was looking at him, he tilted his head down so his glasses could slip down all the way to the tip of his pointy nose.

"Yes?" He asked 2D, hoping to get an explanation to why he was staring at him.

"What? Oh, nothing sorry! I was just thinking." He blushed and smiled, glancing at the waitress who was approaching their table with a plate of drinks. She placed their drinks on the table and smiled at Ace who winked back at her. 

"Here are your drinks, your dishes should arrive any minute now,"

"Thank you," Russel smiled. 2D snatched his coke can off of the tray and tried to open it with his short and stubby nails. He tried various techniques, but couldn't open it. He even tried opening it with his new front tooth, but that didn't work either. Ace saw him struggling and started giggling.

"You need help with that Stuart?" 2D looked up at Ace with those jet black eyes.

"No it's fine, I can do it," He shook the can in an attempt to open it. Finally, he was able to slide his finger under the pull tab. The bad news was that due to the shaking off the bottle, the soft drink spilled all over his shirt.

"Blimey!" 2D shouted. Right now, he just wanted to go home and take a nice hot shower and sleep for the rest of the day. He grabbed some napkins from the middle of the table and started patting his shirt with them. The other three could tell that he wasn't in a good mood. Ace looked at him, wanting to say something but he was interrupted by the waitress, who had brought their food to their table.

"Capellini Pomodoro for you and you. One plate of spaghetti and meatballs for you," She set down the dishes in front of the three and moved on to Ace. "And one Fettuccine Alfredo for you," She winked again and set Ace's plate in front of him. He peered down and noticed that there was a piece of paper with a number on it. He picked it up and looked at the waitress, who turned around and mouthed 'Call me'. Ace chuckled and slipped the paper into his pocket.

"And that's how you pick up the ladies folks," Ace said with a mouth full of pasta. Russel and Noodle rolled their eyes and dug into their meals. 2D, on the other hand, didn't even want to hear it.

"So you gonna call her?" He asked Ace, wanting to know if he still had a chance. At becoming best buddies with him. At least, that's what he told himself.

"I don't think so. Right now, I've got a lot of other things to worry about. Like the new album, I'd rather focus on that for now." He looked over at 2D, who had pesto all over his mouth. Ace looked at him and he shoved the spaghetti in his mouth, taking a big sip of soda from his straw afterward.

"What?" 2D asked. He wasn't aware that there was a big mess around his mouth. His cluelessness made the other three giggled and laugh a little. Ace reached over to the napkins and gave him some.

"You have something around your mouth buddy." 2D used the napkin to wipe the mess and then looked at Ace.

"Thank you," 

The rest of the lunch hour was spent laughing at how a clutz 2D was and Ace demonstrating his amazing switchblade skills. He even got up to talk to the waitress, who was giving him good long stares the whole time. Unfortunately for her, she didn't get the guy but she did get a £15 tip from him. Seeing this made 2D's nerves calm down. Not that he was interested in Ace or anything, but being in a band and a relationship at the same time was probably not a good idea. And just like Ace said earlier, they should focus on the album for now. But if 2D did want to get close to Ace as much as possible, he would need to play it cool.