09

"And then 2D stuffed all of the cigarettes in his mouth at the same time!" Noodle laughed. Dinner was practically over and Russel already doing the dishes and putting the leftovers in the fridge. Ace was sat at one end of the table, scrolling through his twitter feed, while listening to their conversation at the same time. 2D had another cigarette in between his fingers, occasionally taking a long drag from it. It was a nice night. Quiet but relaxing. Just being there together a calm night was something that they all needed. Ace and 2D kept glaring at one another. They established that what was said outside would only be between them. For now. Russel sat down next to Noodle and cleared his throat so that he could get everyone's attention.

"So, earlier, Noodle and I talked to Hewlett and Albarn," He started.

"Who're they?" Ace interrupted.

"Our producers. Anyway, we talked to them and they would be more than happy to help us with the new album," Russel continued as he fumbled with his fingers.

"That's awesome!" 2D chirped. He stood up to high five Russel but was stopped immediately.

"Wait D, there's a catch. We have to attend a meeting in California next week." He stopped and looked at 2D and Ace. Noodle already knew the news so she wasn't the least bit surprised. Ace furrowed his eyebrows and looked at Russel.

"So we have to fly all the way to California? In a plane?" He sighed and asked. Ace was not looking forward to sitting in a plane for another ten hours. But at least it wasn't twenty-six hours.

"Yeah, I know. It's going to be a long trip but I was hoping we could land in Arizona and take a little road trip from there. And Hewlett already booked us a private jet, so, unfortunately, there's no going back." Russel smiled.

"Road trip as in, us four in a car driving across Arizona? I'm okay with that." 2D asked. He didn't mind taking long trips with his bandmates. He's gotten so used to traveling all over the world. And besides, he wasn't awake half of the flight anyway.

"Exactly, that sounds fun, doesn't it?" Russel asked, hoping to get everyone on board. "Ace what do you think?" Ace thought for a while, tossing his switchblade in the air, caught it, and pointed it a Russel

"Look, I've sat in that plane for twenty-six whole hours and it was not fun. I'm also really jet-lagged right now and I haven't even had coffee this morning. But if that's what it's going to take to help you guys make this album and prove to Doc' that you don't need him to make some good tunes, then I'm in. As long as we get to buy some snacks before we hit the road in Arizona because I ain't sitting in a car for five whole hours without any food."

Russel sighed in relief. "You're a good man Copular. So I suggest that we all pack our bags and go to bed now because we have to leave the house tomorrow at six thirty am and I don't think we'll have time for last-minute packing."

"What! That is way too early to get up!" Ace gasped.

"That's why you should get your bum off that chair, pack your bags and go to sleep." Russel huffed. Noodle turned off the lights and they all went upstairs to their individual rooms.

"Night guys," Noodle said as she entered her room, closing the door.

2D skipped into his room, closed his door and started packing. He always loved packing the night before a trip. He thought about all the time he was going to spend with his friends. And Ace. He was really looking forward to the road trip. And he could take that time to reflect on the album and himself. 2D hasn't really been taking care of himself lately, not because Murdoc left or anything. He wasn't taking care of himself because he simply just didn't feel like it. Maybe a long trip to reflect on himself was all he needed. He was also looking forward to spending some time in California. Last time they've been there, they had spent some time on Venice beach. That was the time of the Plastic Beach hiatus though. Pulling out a small teal blue suitcase from under his bed, 2D neatly placed some shirts and jeans in it. Since they were going to be in hot weather for most of the time, he assumed that he didn't need any sweatshirts. It never took 2D long to pack his bags so soon he brushed his teeth and snuggled under his covers.